Welcome.gif

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone,

I'm just joining this forum as I've gotten more and more into our acquarium.

Just a bit of background, my in-laws gave us their old fish tank when we got married. We have had freshwater, fish-only saltwater and a full reef/fish saltwater tank. I finally took the plunge about 1.5 years ago and upgraded to a 180 gallon reef tank. I'm doing my best to educate myself on best practices, but still know that I'm a relative newbie to the reefing world.

I've got a couple of initial questions for this group that I'll put in the correct forum, but thought I should at least introduce myself first.

Welcome! Glad you joined. Sounds like you are going to fit right in here!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread under Forum > Member Aquariums and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you in Minnesota:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 52.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 38 52.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 20.8%
  • None.

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.3%
Back