Another one returning to the hobby

think2100

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 20, 2026
Messages
50
Reaction score
32
Location
Woodinville
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been away for about 10 years. Much to my wife’s chagrin, I’m diving back in. (She’s actually being quite the trooper given the cost.) Can’t believe how much things have changed with all the automation and instant access to information through AI. Going for a largely self-maintaining system this time. I’m nearing the completion of a fishless cycle on a 65 gallon tank.
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
Welcome to R2R!!
I wouldn't rely to heavily on AI for information. It is just regurgitated stuff that has already been posted on the web. There are numerous members on this forum that can help answer any and all questions you may have from first hand experience.

R2R.jpg
 
Just jumped back in under a year ago after 15 years. Man am I loving it. Good luck and yes, lots of new stuff to make life easier out there.
 
Welcome to R2R!!
I wouldn't rely to heavily on AI for information. It is just regurgitated stuff that has already been posted on the web. There are numerous members on this forum that can help answer any and all questions you may have from first hand experience.

R2R.jpg
Just finding copilot much faster. Cites its sources (often R2R) and conflicting opinions - just finds directly relevant answers much more quickly than I ever could, and then I can go check the sources out myself.
 
Been away for about 10 years. Much to my wife’s chagrin, I’m diving back in. (She’s actually being quite the trooper given the cost.) Can’t believe how much things have changed with all the automation and instant access to information through AI. Going for a largely self-maintaining system this time. I’m nearing the completion of a fishless cycle on a 65 gallon tank.
Welcome back!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new