ANOTHER Question (float valves)

seanarino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would there be a possible issue with using float valves to stop the flow of RO/DI water when your RO/DI system is hooked up to a spigot (inside my room)?

I have a spigot I use to fill the turtle stock tank (not directly) and I have my RO/DI system (RO Buddie, 50 GPD) attached to it via the included spigot attachment. I don't know how float valves work, so this might be a dumb question. Wouldn't there be an issue with pressure build-up inside the RO/DI system if the float valve shut off the water, because the spigot (a turn knob one) would just keep putting water into it?

The_Paradox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If everything is working as intended that would be fine. No different that being connected anywhere else into the cold line. If I’m doubt just put another 1/2 line back to the sink 1/2” above the intended water level to act as an overflow. That is assuming your water reservoir is higher than a nearby drain

Bruttall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My ATO with float Valve and my mixing tub with same float valve, you need a Pressure Shut Off on your RO/DI system, the BRS system comes with that shut off. Back pressure on the line from the float valve closes off water feed to the RO/DI! Works great.
20230520_085109.jpg 20230520_085253.jpg

Back