Another reef-pi build.

ScottBrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I checked your suggestions and you were right. I never added that to my config. Now when I try to add it, it says that the file is unwritable.any thoughts?
sudo nano /boot/config.txt

edit: when done editing, hit the ctrl and x keys at the same time, it will ask you if you want to save the modified buffer, type y then enter, hit enter again. Then you can close the shell window.

Last edited:

pdisner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sudo nano /boot/config.txt

edit: when done editing, hit the ctrl and x keys at the same time, it will ask you if you want to save the modified buffer, type y then enter, hit enter again. Then you can close the shell window.

I am still stuck. I’ve added the entry into config.sys, no problem. But even tho the wiring is different I’m getting the same results. Anything else I can try? Bulb works fine, it will work on the on/off test.

ScottBrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am still stuck. I’ve added the entry into config.sys, no problem. But even tho the wiring is different I’m getting the same results. Anything else I can try? Bulb works fine, it will work on the on/off test.
Reload reef-pi and add proper connector?

OP
OP
b4tn

b4tn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I checked your suggestions and you were right. I never added that to my config. Now when I try to add it, it says that the file is unwritable.any thoughts?

Forgot about leafpad... both will get you the same place.

Yeah I didn’t see there was a whole new page and you had already responded lol

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is an updated block diagram of what I am going to say will be close to my final build. I have removed PH for now since since its low priority for me and I am waiting to see how the new PH circuit that is being developed pans out. I have added a second float switch in series with the original one so I have high and low detection. I have not decided yet but since I am no longer planning to use the DJ SR8 power strip and using opto isolated relays I will probably bypass the ULN2803 all together. Lastly I added the PCA9658 and relays that will control my lighting. I did test fit everything and I will have to re do all my wiring but this will all fit in one box with plugs to extend to the doser, lights, and power module. The only think I still need to design is I have a small 2 volt micro fan. I will be putting a DS18B20 thats in the transistor form factor and a transistor driver to control the fan on and off.
https://www.amazon.com/Diymore-DS18...44214379&sr=8-12-spons&keywords=DS18b20&psc=1

46220766811_06a94d9509_b.jpg
Lm2596 is only rated for 3amp. Most of the jumper pins are 1-2 amp , including the traces in perf or perma proto board, I recommend 22 wag jumper which is rated for 7 amp but I recommend running it at 3 amp.

ScottBrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leaf pad?
leafpad and nano are both text editors, allowing you to modify the file. sudo is just giving you permissions to modify the files. So sudo (gives permission) nano or leafpad (which file editor) /boot/config.txt (the file you want to modify).

pdisner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have to do it with the Sudo command. Try this.

Code:
sudo leafpad /boot/config.txt

I’ve edited the /boot/config.txt, that’s not the problem now. Even after I added the line using sudo nano /boot/config.txt, I am having. The same issue as before. I can’t seem to adjust the intensity. What now? And what’s this leapfrog thing?

pdisner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I just realized I’m posting my issues in the wrong thread. My bad. I apologize everyone. But I’ve been making a little progress this morning!

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you reboot after making the changes?

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 22 15.5%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 65 45.8%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 48 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back