another Thinking of making the switch to ProfiLux

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefwiser..Im abit new here and just happened on our post. Is the unit you are showing here a profelux or is this a ghl unit? Can you proivide me with specifics. do you have a forum shoing your build? Sorry if this is basic but I am new to the contoler part. Thx

GHL Is the company that makes the Profilux controller. The picture is of the back on the unit showing all the connections built into the unit. You can also add more cards to increase the functions of the basic unit inside the case itself.

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking of purchasing a controller, yet never have had one. How hard is it for someone who doesn’t have any experience with one?

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With my switch over almost completed with updates posted about it on the forums here, I have ZERO regret in the switch and concur with cpllongjk it was an expensive switch but the best decision ever made. Even thou it was a considerable expense I would do it again, and wish I did it sooner.

As for the always on Socket, I was also at first like why? But I am using it for things that I really do not need to control and like to monitor Amperage draw (Like my Chiller).

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks JoshH for the kind words!!

You're welcome, you've done an excellent, detailed write up on your experience switching over. As well as a non-biased direct comparison between the two of them. It doesn't get much better than that IMO and when I do get my GHL controller I know exactly where to go for assistance in setting it up.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plan to test it once it out for the iPhone!! And will post results on my thread it looks very promising!!

Back