Another What's That Anemome Thread

Cincyreefer513

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 10, 2020
Messages
364
Reaction score
412
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a running tank and it had 2 anemomes in it. One bubble tip and this one. He told me it was sold to him a few years back as a black widow, but doesn't believe it actually is. I'm not much of an anemome guy and will likely sell both (although this one is pretty cool). Does anyone know what it is?

IMG_20240203_022522549.jpg


IMG_20240202_195849814.jpg
 
Both bubble tip + Aiptasia. You should be able to sell the latter to a burghia farm and make a small fortune.
 
Both are actually the same anemome. Second photo is before the tank breakdown and the first photo is after I put it in a temporary 40 gallon earlier. I do have a bubble tip, just not pictured.

The Sherman rose anemome does show pics of similar, however, there are some interesting things about that so it may or may not actually be THE one, but your answer should certainly get me on the right track. Thanks!

Yes, lots and lots of aiptasia. Never seen a tank so bad. There will be a build thread soon, but I just got the deal of a lifetime. I essentially bought a Ferrari for the price of a 92 Cavalier. The catch is I have a lot of cleaning to do.
After my berghia hopefully clean my current tank, they will be transferred to this holding tank to do some major cleanup.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new