OP
OP
N

Nstocks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a similar product to Selcon to help boost overall health?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
N

Nstocks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Myxazin bottle says to dose it once a day for 5 days, which means 10ml per day!

I've dosed 15ml over 3 days and the water is so cloudy I can't really see the fish. The product has a blue dye to it.

Does this sound right? After 5 days treatment do a large water change and since I haven't been adding 10ml for 5 consecutive days, does that mean I should start from zero with clean water?

OP
OP
N

Nstocks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good news!

The Popeye has reduced significantly to the point that it almost looks normal.

Is it critical to remove Myxazin completely as it's been in there for over a week now.

Any need to followup with Prazipro or just leave that until the week I put them back into the DT?

Cnidoblast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
don't need to dose pzq if what you are dealing with is a bacterium

OP
OP
N

Nstocks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Came home to this.

The largest of the remains Anthias which wasn't looking too bad until 2 days ago where it seems to not swim or eat much.

I've replaced all the water and I'm just going to let it be. No more Anthias!

Any ideas what this one died of?

IMG_0021.jpg

OP
OP
N

Nstocks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The male has Popeye again, despite dosing Myxain just a few days ago. Some of it's scales have turned white (or fell off) so within the next day or two it will be dead.

That leaves one female (the smallest of all 5 Anthias) who is doing fine so far. But the pattern has been one death every week.

In all this QT has cost in excess of £350. Fish loses, extra equipment, medication, bacteria and salt. I don't question QT but if I had just left them all, they would all very likely be alive.

No idea what to stock in a few months, all I want is a group of identical fish that are hardy and don't kill each other. (tried chromis twice, no luck and Anthias are completely out). Some say Firefish may work but I'm not so sure, plus they are like £30 each.

IMG_0026.jpg

OP
OP
N

Nstocks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm down the the last Anthias where it seems that the scales are also coming off as on the previous fish.

Haven't seen it feeding for days, often sat in a corner curled up and I almost dispatched of it yesterday until it swam a little as I tried to remove it.

I saw on the tang some large white spots which appear to be flat. He's becoming aggressive towards the other fish (fire fish and clownfish) and has been twitching like there's another parasite on him. I'm going to try and get an ID before I do anything. They have had two rounds of Myaxin.

This quarantine has done far more harm than good. Wish I left them alone as they'd all still be alive.

IMG_0251.jpg
IMG_0258.jpg

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back