Anthias for a 180 and care

morgan175

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well after a year I did a rescape of my tank and gave some other reefers some fish. I got rid of the meanest powder brown tang ever. He must of killed 10 fish.

As of now I’ve been working on a cbb. Trying to get her to eat and feel totally safe. I did keep a pair of clowns. After a couple weeks I would like to add some Anthias. Everything I’ve read leads me to lyretail Anthias. Just wondering what type of dry food would also work. Seems to be a tiny food I’m looking for. When I’m home I can feed lrs and rods.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Kmsutows

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A number of years ago I had lyretails.. They eventually took very well to pellets but I don't think they'll take them off the surface, they'll need to be in good flow. Probably the most likely of all anthias to eat pellets

reefndude

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have lyretails in qt now. Have yet to see them eat pellets. They tear up lrs, rods, mysis, and rods

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It may take a couple of weeks of training, but lyretails can usually be enticed to start eating pellets. I've used New Life Spectrum ther A 1mm sinking pellets with anthias. I have the pellets drop over a spot where flow is breaking the surface.

Back