Anthias for a 180 and care

  • Thread starter Thread starter morgan175
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

morgan175

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 20, 2014
Messages
78
Reaction score
4
Location
comunistic state of maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well after a year I did a rescape of my tank and gave some other reefers some fish. I got rid of the meanest powder brown tang ever. He must of killed 10 fish.

As of now I’ve been working on a cbb. Trying to get her to eat and feel totally safe. I did keep a pair of clowns. After a couple weeks I would like to add some Anthias. Everything I’ve read leads me to lyretail Anthias. Just wondering what type of dry food would also work. Seems to be a tiny food I’m looking for. When I’m home I can feed lrs and rods.


Any advice would be appreciated.
 
A number of years ago I had lyretails.. They eventually took very well to pellets but I don't think they'll take them off the surface, they'll need to be in good flow. Probably the most likely of all anthias to eat pellets
 
I have lyretails in qt now. Have yet to see them eat pellets. They tear up lrs, rods, mysis, and rods
 
It may take a couple of weeks of training, but lyretails can usually be enticed to start eating pellets. I've used New Life Spectrum ther A 1mm sinking pellets with anthias. I have the pellets drop over a spot where flow is breaking the surface.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 5 18.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new