Anthias selection help

Bues0022

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d like to put some anthias in my tank, but don’t really know what I’m doing with these fish yet. Tank is 130 cube. Currently has a swallowtail angel, lavender tang, pair of clowns, pair or orchid dottybacks.
I’ve been thinking about a trio of lyre tails, but I don’t know if only three would be ok. Will it? I’ve read things that the lyretails can get a bit bossy. Is there a better species I should consider?
Thanks!

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’d like to put some anthias in my tank, but don’t really know what I’m doing with these fish yet. Tank is 130 cube. Currently has a swallowtail angel, lavender tang, pair of clowns, pair or orchid dottybacks.
I’ve been thinking about a trio of lyre tails, but I don’t know if only three would be ok. Will it? I’ve read things that the lyretails can get a bit bossy. Is there a better species I should consider?
Thanks!
I think the Lyres will be fine with your current stocking list. I would, however, go with four instead of three. Also, save a couple bucks and purchase all females. They are hemaphoditic and the largest and most dominant will transition. It is a fun process to watch. Happy reefing!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back