antibiotics for Anemones ***help***

Fishfinder

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 21, 2017
Messages
3,925
Reaction score
4,544
Location
Melbourne, Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have seen that anemones are susceptable to infections early upon arrival often coming in sick. I see the stickies about treating with Cipro. I'd like to know about other antibiotic options. I have Ceftriaxone and Clindamycin readily available. I dont know if this is comparable to Cipro or if it will work. Does anyone have experience with this? Any pharmacists around?
 
I am gathering info. Looking to make some nem purchases and want to be prepared
 
Can you provide the resource that suggests nems can get infections and how? No argument, just curious; from my experience the most common issues when acquiring nems are stabile parameters (specifically ALK and Salinity), flow and lighting (typically causing the nem to stress and move about). Traditionally you want to look for good color and a healthy foot, not sure how you spot infection. Just my .02
 
I have never had one. I was reading the stickies about QT new nems. I just wanted to be prepared
 
I've not heard of nem infections -- doesn't mean it's not possible but I've kept dozens o anemones without an apparent infection. I personally feel that ensuring you have strong and stable water parameters should be a primary focus :)

#reefsquad any of you ever hear of antibiotics for anemones?
 
I have heard of them / read of them, but can't remember where ATM, nor do I have to go hunting, as on my way to work ... but IIRC, it's a thing.

~Bruce, who plans to dive into this later . . .
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new