Any advice on helping this nem?

BrandoCommando

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 2, 2022
Messages
99
Reaction score
20
Location
Pgh
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my rainbow nem has retracted significantly. I can't tell if it's due to my cleaner shrimp or if something else is going on. My two other joker nem's are doing well.
retractednem.jpg
 
Looked at the pic closer and noticed the nem in the back. Possible chemical warfare? Using carbon? @Lost in the Sauce just talked about this same issue.
 
Those two do not seem to be playing nicely together. How many gallons is the system?

Carbon and Lots of it, changed frequently may help.

It can take weeks to months for this to reverse from what I've seen in my own nem tank.
 
Those two do not seem to be playing nicely together. How many gallons is the system?

Carbon and Lots of it, changed frequently may help.

It can take weeks to months for this to reverse from what I've seen in my own nem tank.
26 Gallon tank! I'll be sure to load up on the carbon. Do you think moving the rainbow nem to another part of the tank would help? I do have other nano's in my house I could move him to.
 
26 Gallon tank! I'll be sure to load up on the carbon. Do you think moving the rainbow nem to another part of the tank would help? I do have other nano's in my house I could move him to.
It definitely wouldn't Hurt to move one of them out while the other heals. Which one is dealers choice. 26g isn't a lot of volume to dilute anything that may be happening.

Id probably have a full sized reactor of carbon going on the tank in the future if your plan on mixing them again.

I have to change mine out every 3 weeks
 
Thanks, everyone! I added some carbon and will be moving this guy to another tank. The nexus joker split a couple of months ago so it would make sense that some warfare was going on.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new