Any chance this torch will survive?

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got a shipment and this torch looks terrible. In my experience, with other torches that came in looking like this, they died. Anyone think it has a chance to make it?
20191116_120607.jpg

Sorry for the poor image quality, I have my T5s off for acclimation and forgot to use my filter.

uhupong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Torch dont ship well if it was cut fresh. Low survival chance.

OP
OP
T

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had my gold torch look like that, and I just let it be and the next day it was fully open

I hope that is the case here. The last torch I got in looking like that is just a skeleton now.

AMReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope it comes back to looking beautiful! You don’t have heavy flow to it right?

Nicholas Dushynsky

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It might be ok, as long as it doesn't get brown jelly. I tried fragging one of mine and split 2 of the heads right up through the middle I repaired them with glue and epoxy, they both looked like that and 1 survived the other had brown jelly and didn't. Leave it be in a very low flow area and keep your fingers crossed.this is the one I split this was 3 days after

Screenshot_20191116-194030_Photos.jpg

Adamantium

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gold torches seem to be particularly finicky.

I bought one back in June, and it's been looking like this for the past 2-3 weeks. I spoke with the folks I got it from, and, oddly, they suggested putting it in higher flow. Guess time will tell if that helps.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gold torches seem to be particularly finicky.

I bought one back in June, and it's been looking like this for the past 2-3 weeks. I spoke with the folks I got it from, and, oddly, they suggested putting it in higher flow. Guess time will tell if that helps.
I was told the exact opposite.

Nicholas Dushynsky

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope, looks worse than ever. The flesh was almost totally gone yesterday.
Has the flesh been breaking away or any type of slime around the head if so I would say it's not got alot of hope, that's what happened to a green torch I had for nearly a year, it never got huge but 1 day it hardly opened and just went downhill quite quickly, it only affect that one torch. I dont know to this day what caused it, the torch next to it was fine. The green is in front of it, rhs of the pic
Screenshot_20191114-220540_Gallery.jpg

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back