Any chance this torch will survive?

Passedyouby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dip it and put it in a low flow area. Then it's just wait and see. There is tissue so it has a chance

I just picked up a couple of MP40s and am still in the heavy learning phase of the hobby!

High flow is normally desired for torches, right? Obviously this guy needs some love, but for future corals is it wise to always start them in a lower flow location?

Good luck with your torch!

OP
OP
T

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has the flesh been breaking away or any type of slime around the head if so I would say it's not got alot of hope, that's what happened to a green torch I had for nearly a year, it never got huge but 1 day it hardly opened and just went downhill quite quickly, it only affect that one torch. I dont know to this day what caused it, the torch next to it was fine. The green is in front of it, rhs of the pic
Screenshot_20191114-220540_Gallery.jpg
No flesh breaking away and no brown jelly. It just never opened and has slowly withered away since Saturday. The worst thing is the is the second batch of euphyllia I received that had pieces that didn't ship well and ended up dying. The others were form a different vendor and were very small heads that didn't stand a chance.

Nicholas Dushynsky

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No flesh breaking away and no brown jelly. It just never opened and has slowly withered away since Saturday. The worst thing is the is the second batch of euphyllia I received that had pieces that didn't ship well and ended up dying. The others were form a different vendor and were very small heads that didn't stand a chance.
It's a shame and unfortunate when these things happen.

Roosterjack

Struttin’ and Cluckin’
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When all else fails, give it the "sniff test". Not that any frag really smells that great, but if it smells like decay then it is time to say farewell.

OP
OP
T

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update, the torch did not survive. It was just too bad off on delivery and couldn't come back. On the plus side, the vendor took care of me and I got another piece today that looked far better on delivery. I just finished acclimating and put it in my tank.
20191123_131612.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back