Any Clownfish Experts Out there

Marciebabi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really want a another set of clownfish. Currently, I have 2 Paired Stubborn Juvenile Ocellaris Clowns. The tank has a Green BTA that they just don't want to host with. I just love how active and silly the clowns are in the tank and move love to have more than 1 pair. I have read everywhere that it's best to only keep 1 pair per tank.

I have a 35 Gallon Tank with: 2 Ocellaris, 1 Wardley Wrasse, 1 sixline Wrasse, 1 Damsel, 1 Sailfin Tang, 1 Goby, 5 Dwarf Hermits, 3 Turbo snails, 1 Konk

Mikedawg

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not an expert but looks like you are already at capacity for a tank that size. Plus, four clowns will not produce a happy ending under such conditions, IMHO.

OP
OP
Marciebabi

Marciebabi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
arg... Thanks for replying.. ICK break out is definitely not an option. If i do decide to get another pair, I'll just set-up my 10Gal and keep them there with a Nem of some sort.

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Agree with prior posts. Side note, you may need a longer term plan for your sailfin tang. They get big (need 180g plus) and 35g is likely to cause health or aggression issues.

alton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had better luck with clown fish going to a frogspawn before a anenome.
clowns in FS.JPG

OP
OP
Marciebabi

Marciebabi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with prior posts. Side note, you may need a longer term plan for your sailfin tang. They get big (need 180g plus) and 35g is likely to cause health or aggression issues.

lol... About that... i'm actually saving up for the 220Gal Reef Pro from waterbox. I hope to get that bad boy by the end of the year. I hope my little Skipper (sail fin) doesn't grow that fast. He is about 1.5 inches right now

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
lol... About that... i'm actually saving up for the 220Gal Reef Pro from waterbox. I hope to get that bad boy by the end of the year. I hope my little Skipper (sail fin) doesn't grow that fast. He is about 1.5 inches right now
Nice! I’m in the midst of an upgrade as well. Make sure to post pictures!

OP
OP
Marciebabi

Marciebabi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! I’m in the midst of an upgrade as well. Make sure to post pictures!

I definitely will. I hope to post pictures of what I have currently, as soon as my new zoas come in. I just got a rasta zoa colony, psychosis palys, and pink diamond palys.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 16.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 42.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back