Any experiences with this eel? G' rueppelliae

  • Thread starter Thread starter HAAAAAAAA
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

HAAAAAAAA

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 15, 2022
Messages
968
Reaction score
524
Location
Karnataka
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe i have the chance to get this eel since it was imported today, i wanted to know if anyone had this eel, i believe it is indeed a bit on the rarer side, i wanted to know how aggressive it is, incase if there's anyone who has this and doesn't know it's specific species here's a picture of it

There might be some confusions between the fimbriated (G' fimbriatus) they do have the yellow head but not the dark shades of bands unlike the rueppelliae

I would appreciate any input provided

IMG_20241205_153221.jpg IMG_20241205_153158.jpg
 
OP already got this beautiful dude :) @HAAAAAAAA how is he doing??
Currently in quarantine with today being his second dose of praziquantel and metronidazole, not eaten yet, but I'll definitely provide input on if he's a expert level or easier to care for depending upon my approach of feeding him and the pain of trying to Lol
 
Unfortunate news guys, woke up today morning with him out completely dry, it's unbelievable, i just have no idea how he came out, i am extremely frustrated and deeply saddened at the same time, i had it covered for 3 weeks and I see him on the floor now
 
Unfortunate news guys, woke up today morning with him out completely dry, it's unbelievable, i just have no idea how he came out, i am extremely frustrated and deeply saddened at the same time, i had it covered for 3 weeks and I see him on the floor now
They can live up to 48 hours out of water! Get him back in the tank pronto!
 
Yeah, but only when they are moist, I have no hopes for this but just maybe by some miracle
I have seen eels that were completely glued to the floor, desiccated, and discolored come back to life, don't lose hope. It takes a while for them to wake up.
 
I appreciate the support and help guys, he's sadly no more, it pains me since I was looking into putting the small guy in a 60g that same morning, but I was instead greeted with a dried sardine

It seems that half a inch opening beside the hang on filter was the culprit, having bigger eels made me fail to realise just how small he was
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new