Any gamers out there?

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only play on the PC where I have complete control of my hardware. I'm a big gamer but I don't like playing with other people.
I used to be that way also (I do IT for a living) but I got tired of having to modify everything anytime a new game came out. I came to like the plug and play of consoles. I agree though, I don't like the multiplayer stuff either....although it seems to becoming harder and harder to find the single player games.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to be that way also (I do IT for a living) but I got tired of having to modify everything anytime a new game came out. I came to like the plug and play of consoles. I agree though, I don't like the multiplayer stuff either....although it seems to becoming harder and harder to find the single player games.

Unless you feel you need to be cutting edge, you don't have to change much. I just recently upgraded after 5 years.

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless you feel you need to be cutting edge, you don't have to change much. I just recently upgraded after 5 years.
I was constantly having to upgrade......every new game brought more requirements. Always upgrading the video card, adding memory, overclocking, etc. Maybe it has changed with the newer video cards today.

U

User1

View Badges
I was constantly having to upgrade......every new game brought more requirements. Always upgrading the video card, adding memory, overclocking, etc. Maybe it has changed with the newer video cards today.

I find that surprising actually. Unless you are pushing 4k content out to a stream (mostly network anyway) there really isn't much of a reason to follow the tick-tock upgrade cycle. CPU or GPU. GPU's are so incredibly fast now they are the main stay for super computers and scientific work loads.

I still run my discontinued I7 4770K processor with a GTX 1080 by Nvidia in it as my main desktop. Outside a flight simulator I've not found anything to it struggles with to include pushing 4k content on my 79" living room display when I want to nerd out. 30 - 60 FPS is it.

But as a data horder I do get that PC building is a hobby and people upgrade constantly for the higher FPS.

Mykawl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody that has a ps3 needs to check out little big planet : ) I just bought a ps4 but apparently it’s not backwards compatible : / they made a 3rd but it’s not great.

For PC I’ve been on and off hopelessly addicted to world of Warcraft, luckily didn’t catch the bug this time for classic even though it’s doing really well.

also picked up the new cod but I think I’m just being nostalgic definitely not as much fun as highschool playing with all the friends lol

so for now playing Disney universe with the 3 and 4 year old: ) pretty cool game actually lol

U

User1

View Badges
Anybody that has a ps3 needs to check out little big planet : ) I just bought a ps4 but apparently it’s not backwards compatible : / they made a 3rd but it’s not great.

For PC I’ve been on and off hopelessly addicted to world of Warcraft, luckily didn’t catch the bug this time for classic even though it’s doing really well.

also picked up the new cod but I think I’m just being nostalgic definitely not as much fun as highschool playing with all the friends lol

so for now playing Disney universe with the 3 and 4 year old: ) pretty cool game actually lol

My children convinced me to try Classic. I did. I'm wishing they invited me to play Disney Universe instead with all of the ganking going on the server we play. While it is fun I must say I was actually wondering what is the end state since I'm not going to be raiding.

If PvP is already this bad and along comes a raid geared peep I'm not going to accept being insta-gibbed. May only make it a month into classic, 2 at most I'm thinking before I sort out what I'd continue to do.

Fishurama

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been playing Red Dead 2 a lot the last few days since I put it away when I was disappointed in online so i stopped playing altogether. Best looking game of this generation bar none. I forgot the amount of detail, this is the Xbox one X. Which is about as strong as a GTX 1070 gpu. The PC version must look insane with even more LODs.

11-2-2018_1-52-30_PM.png 11-2-2018_1-52-04_PM.png 11-2-2018_1-51-27_PM.png
I love this song, made me laugh when I first heard it.
View attachment funny song.mp4

U

User1

View Badges
Been playing Red Dead 2 a lot the last few days since I put it away when I was disappointed in online so i stopped playing altogether. Best looking game of this generation bar none. I forgot the amount of detail, this is the Xbox one X. Which is about as strong as a GTX 1070 gpu. The PC version must look insane with even more LODs.

11-2-2018_1-52-30_PM.png 11-2-2018_1-52-04_PM.png 11-2-2018_1-51-27_PM.png
I love this song, made me laugh when I first heard it.
View attachment funny song.mp4

Lol - that song is pretty funny. My son picked up the game and says he really enjoys it. I believe he is playing it on the PC.

Fishurama

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol - that song is pretty funny. My son picked up the game and says he really enjoys it. I believe he is playing it on the PC.

Yeah its an amaizng game, but im not the biggest PVPer, and I was hoping they would have learned from GTA V online... People want RP servers/PVE servers where they aren't being forced PVP'd. But finally got back into the singleplayer at least, and game is just insane to look at. Maybe CyberPunk when it comes out can compete, but that will be a chore.

RicoWX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Xbox all the way, always end up coming back to destiny 2. Used to do the PC thing, but playing from the couch wins out for me.

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Xbox - Finally put away RDR2 last month. I'm a completionist so 35,000+ minutes over a year. I'd take weeks off and I think I burned through AC-Origins in there too. Don't play online. So trying to catch up on games I wanted to play - about half way through Witcher III now.

Ray Emhardt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Xbox 1 gamertag DIRTNAP4U NHS, Battlefield V diehard guy here, been playing Outerworlds also have borderlands 3 havent opened yet..... just an old guy gamer started with pong in late 70's......new reefer tank is turning 1 in december, got out of saltwater when a pump suction cup letgo almost setting my house on fire when it sprayed the wall.....btw my kid is playing minecraft as i type....

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back