Any Good Cyano Treatments Which Don''t Require a Water Change?

dublinreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering if anybody has suggestions for cyano treatments which don't require water changes. I was thinking of using chemiclean or cyanorx but I'm not bothered to do a water change, my nutrients are also undetectable. I also don't mind waiting a few weeks or months for a product to work, I'm not necessarily looking for an instant fix. Any input would be appreciated.

DrZoidburg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some people will say too much white light or old bulbs can do it. Also possibly nutrient imbalance. Try to get the nitrogen up a bit. Anytime I've ever had it I would just let it grow as long as it wasn't bothering anything. Then when it gets a good mass suck it out. Usually goes away after but pops up every once in a while. Then having a couple urchins. I don't know if they target it. They do break it up from the rocks plowing through so it doesn't tend to grow. Always find it in the sump now not the display. I figure urchins have something to do with it.

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Three things got rid of my cyano:

1) Strong UV light
2) Started an Oxydator (look for threads on this site)
3) Phytoplankton every other day

Before and after pics (also have since increased the light point intensity by 15% on my Radions)

Before 2021 04 28.jpg

After 2021 04 28.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 33.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 61 32.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back