Any good Nem Stories?

Hoodstream

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 23, 2022
Messages
343
Reaction score
314
Location
Chicago
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So a week ago I added another RFA to my tank. Trying to get them to breed lol. So I got a all green one tossed em in the tank, let him attach the rock and carried on with the day. The following morning he was completely missing from my tank and I was like oh ok he didn’t like my spot whatever. So just now I’m shining a flashlight through my tank and I see it just chilling halfway on the other side of the tank. I completely forgot I even bought it because it’s been gone for a week so I practically jumped at the sight of it. I think it’s so funny they move all around the tank and do what they please. My ultra literally has never moved once from where I set it and whatever I did with him is working because the other day he released his sperm all throughout the water. Idk if anyone has experienced this but it lasted a few hours and my tank was cloudy :/ . Anyways anyone got any good shares with their nems?

added a pic of my ultra sorry the pic is blurry it’s actually algae I can’t clean because he’s so close to the glass and I don’t wanna bother him lol.

BBC26E03-A7C4-40AB-980D-9322A69BAE47.jpeg
 
I had a massive sebae anemone in my old 180 gallon. Probably 20" across. Absolutely bulletproof and just kept growing larger and larger. Lighting was 2x 4' LED shoplights. Hosted a 6" domino damsel. Nothing in that tank would go on that side of the tank, not even the 10" miniatus that loved eating tankmates. The anemone eat 2-3 jumbo shrimp per week and had a nice dark tan color with purple tips to the tentacles.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 17 20.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 24 29.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 13.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new