JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s my one.

20230101_174907.jpg
What is that one? I have this in my tank from a local and it rarely pulls out its polyps like that--what is yours under light/flow-wise?

Northwest_Scapes_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to know. Have you been pleased with your orders?
I can also vouch, all my NPS Gorgs have been from them so far. The Red Sea Whip is probably 8-9" from branch to base, and the Swiftia and Menella were all at least 6-7" as well. The team there really knows how to please their customers

Tvol86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My gorgs have almost all come from a Alyssa at seahorse savvy or kp aquatic. Both are excellent. Huge frags, wonder color, never had an issue with either.

Fishfreak2009

Follow Your Passions!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a pic of my seahorse tank before I tore all the gorgonians and macroalgae out and changed to all fake decor since I was sick of battling hair algae and the seahorses kept losing their ghost shrimp. The gorgonians are all alive are in a holding tank waiting for me to get my 180 gallon running. I'm going to build a rock island in the scape just for all of them, with bright light and high flow.

20221229_175251.jpg

Drewerd7

Dank Tank Club
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reviving this thread to show off some NPS Gorgonians from my NPS Tank:

Swiftia exserta (have had for 2 months now, shown a lot of healing and some growth)
DSC06649.jpg
DSC07863.jpg

Gold & Red Menella that just came in yesterday. It came in as a big Colony and a small Colony on the same base, the coral in the pic is the smaller Colony.
DSC07996.jpg
DSC07992.jpg

Red Sea Whip (Ellisella schmitti) Also just came in yesterday. I haven't seen it open up yet but I know it'll probably take a few days. Super huge
DSC07994.jpg

Definitely expanding the collection if I do well with this next round. Species on the bucketlist are definitely the Blueberry, Purple Menella, Pink / Yellow Bicolor, and a couple others
Nice work on the photography!
Makes it a joy. I like the dramatic black background.. looks like these octocorals are subjects of some high-end, studio shot, avant gard portraits! Lookin good.
Gorgonion love 4LIFE! lol.

Northwest_Scapes_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reviving this thread to show off some NPS Gorgonians from my NPS Tank:

Swiftia exserta (have had for 2 months now, shown a lot of healing and some growth)
DSC06649.jpg
DSC07863.jpg

Gold & Red Menella that just came in yesterday. It came in as a big Colony and a small Colony on the same base, the coral in the pic is the smaller Colony.
DSC07996.jpg
DSC07992.jpg

Red Sea Whip (Ellisella schmitti) Also just came in yesterday. I haven't seen it open up yet but I know it'll probably take a few days. Super huge
DSC07994.jpg

Definitely expanding the collection if I do well with this next round. Species on the bucketlist are definitely the Blueberry, Purple Menella, Pink / Yellow Bicolor, and a couple others
Some more extension on both Menellas now that they've settled in. And it turns out the Red Sea Whip is shedding which is why it hasn't opened up yet. Now that some of the slime is off, some of the polyps are starting to make an appearance.
DSC08013.jpg
DSC08017.jpg
DSC07999.jpg
DSC08020 (1).jpg
DSC07998.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 25.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back