Any guitar players on here?

Rhoads238

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive been playing for 18 years. I like to play classical, flamenco, progressive fingerstyle and 80s hair and metal. I have three guitars, an Antonio Aparicio Mod Flamenco, Lowden S35 in Adriondiac spruce and koa and a Paul Reed Smith custom 22 20th anniversary.

1610716622805.png

1610716641957.png

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Been playing acoustic for around 16 years. I've got a Taylor that's my one and only. :) I also play keys.

Patientman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
USE to play in bands (70/80s) … then had a joint removed from left thumb … still able to play … but not much more than 2 or 3 songs in a row now. ALSO use to sing back-up in the band … every time I started singing the rest of the band said "BACK UP! Back up further away from the mic!" :rolleyes:

Reef-junky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have played for years. Garage bands, playing clubs, etc. Never get to play as much as I would like. And now I have this new aquarium hobby... 20201216_102615.jpg

Man you have a lot of cool guitars! I really like that tiger striped one.

Crustaceon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use to play electric back in high school. Had a 1/2 stack. Was into heavy metal. Loved eddie van halen when he was with daivd lee roth (rip).
I went so overkill on my first bass setup. I had a carvin 1000w head, 4x10 and an 18 bottom cab. I played an Ibanez btb-6 back then and had no idea what I was doing, lol. I’m playing a tacoma 5 string acoustic now just to stay “fresh”. If I had a band, I’d probably pick up a P-bass and an orange combo amp.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've been playing since the mid 80's, toured from the late 80's to early 2000's. I don't play as much as I used to, but still rock out as much as I can. When I moved to SoCal in 2002, I decided to engineer for a change to give the band egos up for a while and really haven't tried to get a band together again. I've recorded albums with other musicians and didn't focus on my writing, but after this prolonged vacation, I'm starting to lay down some tracks of my own, mainly noise. Too much equipment to list, but mainly strats, G&L and Reverends. I have a Taylor 214 to strum on, mostly open tunings.

Reef-junky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went so overkill on my first bass setup. I had a carvin 1000w head, 4x10 and an 18 bottom cab. I played an Ibanez btb-6 back then and had no idea what I was doing, lol. I’m playing a tacoma 5 string acoustic now just to stay “fresh”. If I had a band, I’d probably pick up a P-bass and an orange combo amp.

My mom use to yell at me to turn down the radio when I was playing. One time she was out side cleaning the pool and my dad told me to crank it up so she could hear it outside (L0L). Had one of those effects things that could do tons of stuff also had a few distortion pedals. So many good hair metal bands.

KarlsReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Asked for a guitar when I was 10, when Appetite for Destruction came out and it made me wanna be Slash... Parents got me a keyboard for the next Christmas *THANKS FOLKS* roll on another 4 years and my bike was stolen from our garage so I used the insurance money to buy a Yamaha acoustic and set about teaching myself Civil War, Knocking on Heavens Door and Sweet Child O Mine's intro, with in a week I could play them acoustically. Then started learning chords along with some other songs, then scales. After a few months I'd saved pocket money and paper round money and got a cheap Squire Strat and Peavy amp then after a few more years I had got an Epiphone Slash Snakepit Les Paul and a Marshall JCM Slash head and 4x12 cab (spotted a theme yet?) saved my butt off and in 2001 got a Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus and a Marshall DSL 50 head with a vintage 4x12 cab, pedal board built and was gigging with a band. loved it so much, but lost our singer after a few years n we just practiced in our rehearsal space for years as we loved playing, sold my JCM Slash and cab to a Euro Museum and got the new AFD Marshall head, after acquiring 6 electric and 3 acoustic and the amps I've not sold most off except for my two Les Pauls and Takimine acoustic, as I don't have time to play plus I need to to fund my new reef habits lol...SORRY THAT WAFFLED ON FOR A WHILE

Back