Any help any idea would be great

memori shots

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I really need some help choosing some lights I have a 220 tank 72inch by 30h inch and 24w inch I currently am using meta hi but my con Ed bill is a killer I want to switch to reef breeders (2) 36 led lights but I don't know who have ever used them my budget for lights are 1500$ any help will be great

TJ's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd take a serious look at Reef Radiance, (3) DM165e upgraded to Apex/DA/Reef Angel $676 shipped or the DM165m w/ Moonlights and Controller upgrades for $696 shipped. I like the component quality of these units over any of the re-branded Evergrow's and definitely think the emitter choices (color mix) is a better blend. If not in a hurry would certainly entertain customizing for even better blend IMHO, replacing the center Red and two of the 6500K's with 460nm Blues. It is an easy DIY upgrade as well and can order most of the BridgeLux emitters from Reef Breeders for $1.50 ea.

Cheers, Todd

ReefLEDLights

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I really need some help choosing some lights I have a 220 tank 72inch by 30h inch and 24w inch I currently am using meta hi but my con Ed bill is a killer I want to switch to reef breeders (2) 36 led lights but I don't know who have ever used them my budget for lights are 1500$ any help will be great

I would go with the latest 5 watt Cree LEDs. There are different intensity Bins so choose the brightest as they are 20% more powerful given the same wattage. I've never been a fan of the 3 watt Bridgelux Knockoffs as they are not made by Bridgelux and you really do not know what you're getting.

If you DIY you can easily do a 250-400 watt MH equivalent with a controller for under $1500

Bill

NanaReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
100% agree with Todd! Reef Radiance hands down. The DM165p & p+ are both controlled via the free iPhone & Android app. Great lights at even greater prices :)

Sukotto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just set up my DM-165p's and they are super sweet. Although the android app on my S5 didn't work as well as I hoped it would. I wasn't able to access the menus at all. And with my iphone, I couldn't even download the app. So I tried my tablet and I got full access to all the menus and programming features. To me, the user instructions were vague in description on setup seeing that I have two light sets. In the end, I am able to control both lights with my tablet which is super nice.

NanaReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just set up my DM-165p's and they are super sweet. Although the android app on my S5 didn't work as well as I hoped it would. I wasn't able to access the menus at all. And with my iphone, I couldn't even download the app. So I tried my tablet and I got full access to all the menus and programming features. To me, the user instructions were vague in description on setup seeing that I have two light sets. In the end, I am able to control both lights with my tablet which is super nice.

Very happy to hear! Look forward to seeing some pics :)

saltylife

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run 3 x 250 watt halides with 4 evergrow leds. My lighting goes led/ halide / led /halide / led / halide/ led.

Back