Any hunters on here?

Funston07

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bow hunt still. Kinda gave up on gun season for the most part. I live in Southern Indiana and a ton of people come here from out of state for whitetail hunting, sounds like WW3 in the woods opening day for gun season. So I get in the woods early in the year and get back out before everyone floods them.

OP
OP
Jman76

Jman76

Keeper of Greens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bow hunt still. Kinda gave up on gun season for the most part. I live in Southern Indiana and a ton of people come here from out of state for whitetail hunting, sounds like WW3 in the woods opening day for gun season. So I get in the woods early in the year and get back out before everyone floods them.
Good strategy! I have a bow, but just havent made it to that level yet. Getting pretty comfortable shooting it

blasterman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Area I live in has bad suburban sprawl and a decline in seasonal hunters. White tail deer and turkeys have all moved into neighborhoods where they destroy gardens and walk lazily across busy streets in herds while giving dirty looks to drivers.

It's not uncommon to walk out your door in the morning and see a 200lb buck devouring your wife's flower pots. Hit them with a rock and they only casually walk away. In the fall those same bucks get bold and wont back down from dogs.

Venison is pretty dang tasty pan fried with lots of butter. There just aren't enough people that are willing to dress out a deer otherwise bambi would be in trouble.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good discussion! I removed a few posts of a political nature. Please help us out by keeping all talk of politics out of the thread. That way we can keep the thread on topic. Have a great day, everyone! :)

ElussssvReefSD

Be Nice to Coral-Nippers!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never hunted myself (unless you count trying to run down Canada geese with my car.... HATE those winged demon spawn with a fiery passion)... But I DO love meat so... any hunters in the TBay area who run outta space in their coolers, I got you... ;Hilarious

PpkEh7.gif

OP
OP
Jman76

Jman76

Keeper of Greens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I myself am not especially fond of the Canada geese, at least in the city lol. I mean they have their place.......I help manage a golf course in Phoenix and when they come in, they destroy the place. No legal pest control either. We do what we can but a couple coyotes would be welcomed

ElussssvReefSD

Be Nice to Coral-Nippers!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I myself am not especially fond of the Canada geese, at least in the city lol. I mean they have their place.......I help manage a golf course in Phoenix and when they come in, they destroy the place. No legal pest control either. We do what we can but a couple coyotes would be welcomed

Yeah they sure do have a place... in CANADA.

blasterman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We call Canadian Geese 'Water Buzzards'.

Another species like deer that create big problems because there are virtually no natural predators....besides cars.

I visited a favorite lake I grew up on this summer thats fairly remote. Its one of the few lakes around with a population of Loons, and Loons lyrically avoid lakes with lots of geese because they pollute the water so badly. Need more hunters.

csb123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We call Canadian Geese 'Water Buzzards'.

Another species like deer that create big problems because there are virtually no natural predators....besides cars.

I visited a favorite lake I grew up on this summer thats fairly remote. Its one of the few lakes around with a population of Loons, and Loons lyrically avoid lakes with lots of geese because they pollute the water so badly. Need more hunters.

I hope it isn’t against forum rules, but my favorite derogatory wildlife term is for moose : Swamp Donkey

I bow hunt in the suburbs of the twin cities. I’m fortunate enough to hunt nearly in the back yards of a couple of friends. I’ve tagged deer and turkey in both Woodbury and Circle Pines.

BackToTheReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope it isn’t against forum rules, but my favorite derogatory wildlife term is for moose : Swamp Donkey

I bow hunt in the suburbs of the twin cities. I’m fortunate enough to hunt nearly in the back yards of a couple of friends. I’ve tagged deer and turkey in both Woodbury and Circle Pines.

Moose sure taste good though! My neighbors in WY gave me a pack of burger and a couple small steaks they had left from the previous year. Mmmmm...

csb123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve taken a moose (rifle), and I agree...yummy.
I only thing is, soon after euphoria of the moment, you’re facing the work of dressing and transporting a 1300 lb creature;)

BackToTheReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve taken a moose (rifle), and I agree...yummy.
I only thing is, soon after euphoria of the moment, you’re facing the work of dressing and transporting a 1300 lb creature;)

Good problem to have though! ;)

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sit here waiting for my son to finish up his virtual education ;Wacky then we are headed up for the youth Deer hunt.
I think Im more exited than he is, just a great time to got out there. Good luck y'all on the upcoming season

AC1211

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just debating trying small game on local public land that I already fish on as almost no one hunts rabbits and squirrels and they are abundant and the rabbits stay in the open too. Maybe if I don't go to USMA then I will get an NY hunting licence and learn for next season.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 49 29.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 45 27.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 56 34.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.9%
Back