Any idea what could do this?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Joined
Nov 18, 2012
Messages
40,642
Reaction score
67,823
Location
Fontana, California
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have nothing venomous in my tank (that I know of). Any idea what would do this?

myduhuve.jpg


It started hurting last night, and this morning it looks like this.
 
I got hit by a bristle worm one time and had a reaction like this.
 
I was going to guess bristle worm as well
 
Don't you know right away when you come in contact with a bristle worm?
 
looks like bristle worm got you it will feel better in a couple days :)

when I get hit by one it dosnt hurt till a few hrs later- next day
 
looks like bristle worm got you it will feel better in a couple days :)

when I get hit by one it dosnt hurt till a few hrs later- next day

This was definitely a delayed reaction...didn't hurt for a few hours...but I figured it was tank related bc I've experienced it on a couple of other occasions...always after moving rock around or things on the sandbed.

Were you around any zoanthids?

I did move some zoas (detached them from a rock), but I don't think I've had this happen with that before.
 
Bristle worms.... hurt a bit and for awhile.. enjoy.........
 
Again, bristle worms. They get me every once in a while and thats what it looks like. I never feel it when it happens.
 
I heard if you soak your hand in Vinegar that is dissolves the bristles. I never tried it, but worth a shot.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new