Any Idea What This Might Be?

EzraZamir

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 6, 2015
Messages
55
Reaction score
18
Location
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone!
I've had these zoas for a couple years and they started melting after a small purple/red polyp started appearing a few months ago. I now have this big transparent purple/red polyp with what appears to be a mouth, plus 3 others growing behind it. Any idea what could have attached itself? I've been reefing for about 3 years and have never seen something like this yet, and have had no luck searching Google.

Polyp.jpg
 
Pics unfortunately aren't quite clear enough for me to tell.
 
It does look like Red Bubble algae.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new