Any new product announcements at MACNA 2019?

CoralVue_Marketing

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
more cool stuff! I wonder if that easyroti could be used to auto feed BBS to seahorses or mandarins?
love this hobby...so many things to geek out on eh?

Yeah, part of the allure of the hobby for me personally is geeking out on the creativity of people in it and the technology they come up with to solve problems and make things easier. I am more of a "set it and forget" type in practice, so I appreciate folks on the frontline pushing the envelope and trying new things for the rest of our benefit! ;)

Jeferson Stutz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ecotech is developing their own aquarium controller its called mobius. Its dope they showed it at macna...interface is super cool...
If that happens, we can’t expect improved integration with Ecotech and Neptune System’s Apex. As we don’t have integration today with Vectra, AI Prime Fuge and future Ecotech products,

Thanks

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We debuted a new hang-on Klir Filter that doesn't need to placed into your filter sock holder.

klir-1.png

klir-2.png

klir-3.png

Well dang!

@Elder1945 this was one of the things I was going to talk to you about. My son has been rendering one for printing. LOL!

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
EasyReefs has a new version of Masstick called Easy Masstick that is ready to use and requires no preparation. The clever part of this food if you're unfamiliar is that you can stick it onto your aquarium glass, on a rock, etc. and fish can naturally graze on it.

masstick.jpg

EasyReefs also has a bunch of cool foods that you can hang up like an IV bag and attach right to your dosing pump. This is one of our favorite things coming from these cats in Spain!

easyreefs.jpg

Another product that caught our eye from EasyReefs was Easyroti and this cool rotifer reactor + doser:

easy-roti.jpg

I want to try the easyroti setup in my store!

U

User1

View Badges
EasyReefs has a new version of Masstick called Easy Masstick that is ready to use and requires no preparation. The clever part of this food if you're unfamiliar is that you can stick it onto your aquarium glass, on a rock, etc. and fish can naturally graze on it.

masstick.jpg

I will say this first that I've not had a lot of coffee yet but when I saw this I swear it looked like you are holding rabbit poo ;)

And not like I'm an expert in rabbit poo but I was trying to relocate a jack rabbit that was living in my back yard to the wetland near our house. So finding the main poop location helped me set a safe trap to move him. I don't think he liked me doing that but he had to go.

I'll now leave the thread to the better purpose of showing new and exciting stuff. BTW - I like the mastic. Esp the ability to smash on a rock. Natural grazers will like this. Oh, also - forgot to say thank you for your time in this thread.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Myself owning a Very large tank with thick acrylic, looking to test the 4K gyre unit and other units for thick glass tanks. I was successful in getting the 3K unit to hold on while ramping the unit to high speed without it falling off. That is progress and a plus in owning a 3k unit for larger tanks

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will say this first that I've not had a lot of coffee yet but when I saw this I swear it looked like you are holding rabbit poo ;)

And not like I'm an expert in rabbit poo but I was trying to relocate a jack rabbit that was living in my back yard to the wetland near our house. So finding the main poop location helped me set a safe trap to move him. I don't think he liked me doing that but he had to go.

I'll now leave the thread to the better purpose of showing new and exciting stuff. BTW - I like the mastic. Esp the ability to smash on a rock. Natural grazers will like this. Oh, also - forgot to say thank you for your time in this thread.

It does look like poo. :D

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Myself owning a Very large tank with thick acrylic, looking to test the 4K gyre unit and other units for thick glass tanks. I was successful in getting the 3K unit to hold on while ramping the unit to high speed without it falling off. That is progress and a plus in owning a 3k unit for larger tanks

I'm not sure what glass thickness the magnets are rated for, but the magnets on the pre-production units we had at MACNA were quite strong (some attendees wanted a demonstration to check on this specifically). The new Gyres are already en route to us, so we should have more details soon! The boxes look nice. :)

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If that happens, we can’t expect improved integration with Ecotech and Neptune System’s Apex. As we don’t have integration today with Vectra, AI Prime Fuge and future Ecotech products,

Thanks
The Wave Engine supports Vectras, that tells you all you need to know about what's going on with NS <> ETM.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I'm not sure what glass thickness the magnets are rated for, but the magnets on the pre-production units we had at MACNA were quite strong (some attendees wanted a demonstration to check on this specifically). The new Gyres are already en route to us, so we should have more details soon! The boxes look nice. :)
Very eager to see this release !

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yup a lot of great stuff coming form coralVue before Jeff popped in I was like eh an underwhelming MACNA but now I am excited for the cool releases.

@CoralVue and Reef Kinetics introduced impressive new equipment at MACNA. Poma Labs, Rising Tide, Biota, and UF Tropical Aquaculture Lab continue doing strong work with breeding fish. Additionally, there were many corals that were available. Along with solid showings from @WWC, Jason Fox, iFragit, and a few others, I would point to Deluxe Corals as one to watch.

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup a lot of great stuff coming form coralVue before Jeff popped in I was like eh an underwhelming MACNA but now I am excited for the cool releases.

I want to post more, but I didn't want to hijack the thread! Want to see more new stuff? ;Woot

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Wave Engine supports Vectras, that tells you all you need to know about what's going on with NS <> ETM.

It does seem that, in varying degrees, companies are trying to get you into their own ecosystem and keep you there, à la Apple. We're trying to get back to what is arguably the original intent or purpose of an aquarium controller and that is to democratize things so products from different brands can work together seamlessly. Our own staff doesn't even use 100% CoralVue products. Why would we try to force others to? EcoTech makes great pumps, so of course we want them to work with HYDROS. There is not a single right approach to keeping a successful aquarium, so if we're open and honest about that, it opens up a world of possibilities where anything is possible.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does seem that, in varying degrees, companies are trying to get you into their own ecosystem and keep you there, à la Apple. We're trying to get back to what is arguably the original intent or purpose of an aquarium controller and that is to democratize things so products from different brands can work together seamlessly. Our own staff doesn't even use 100% CoralVue products. Why would we try to force others to? EcoTech makes great pumps, so of course we want them to work with HYDROS. There is not a single right approach to keeping a successful aquarium, so if we're open and honest about that, it opens up a world of possibilities where anything is possible.

I agree 100000X to this. that was the whole point of controllers right. I think most companies have got off track they might make a few amazing products but then branch out to try to make a complete ecosystem then come up short and hurt the name in the end.

that said i have high hopes for the Hydros. hope many companies will jump on board and allow it to be compatible with there gear. one can only hope...

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
umm yes we do! I dont think ppl will mind posting exciting new gear!?

You could start a thread in your sponsor forum if worried about taking over this one, but no matter how you decide to do it, I want to see what's in the works! :)

Well, in that case... AutoAqua had a strong showing with new leak detectors that can sense not only saltwater, but RO water as well (!) ... water flow sensors (including a teeny one for RO tubing!) and a flow monitor ... magnetic stirrers for water testing (!) ... plus all of the digital inline TDS meters we recently announced!

autoaqua-1.png

autoaqua-2.png

autoaqua-3.png

autoaqua-4.png

autoaqua-5.png

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^
Well, in that case... AutoAqua had a strong showing with new leak detectors that can sense not only saltwater, but RO water as well (!) ... water flow sensors (including a teeny one for RO tubing!) and a flow monitor ... magnetic stirrers for water testing (!) ... plus all of the digital inline TDS meters we recently announced!

autoaqua-1.png

autoaqua-2.png

autoaqua-3.png

autoaqua-4.png

autoaqua-5.png
more good stuff.
will the Hydros be able to use the autoaqua flow sensors?

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 122 81.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back