Any new product announcements at MACNA 2019?

CoralVue_Marketing

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We showed of 3 new IceCap Algae Turf Scrubbers at the show. These will actually be available for purchase before the end of the week! I am burning the midnight oil writing the product descriptions right now!

icecap-scrubber-1.JPG

icecap-scrubber-2.JPG

icecap-scrubber-3.JPG

icecap-scrubber-4.JPG

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that is good news I'll make sure I dont buy to much on BF then...haha
question I did not hear of a salinity probe. I would use that more than a PH probe.

There are probably some things I am not at liberty to talk about. So I won't. lol But there are a lot more HYDROS smart devices and accessories coming!

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are probably some things I am not at liberty to talk about. So I won't. lol But there are a lot more HYDROS smart devices and accessories coming!

hint hint say no more... say no more.
this is good news! I am excited for this controller.
if you need beta testers or reviewers let me know.

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the offer. Shoot me an email at [email protected].
I have the perfect tank to try this out on. A long running good health 75 gallon that has never had a controller on it. I'd be happy to help test or review any hydros products. I was already looking at the wave engine for the gyres on my 180 but the full controller has me intrigued. ;)

Btw, some of your pics in the previous icecap post aren't loading correctly.

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the perfect tank to try this out on. A long running good health 75 gallon that has never had a controller on it. I'd be happy to help test or review any hydros products. I was already looking at the wave engine for the gyres on my 180 but the full controller has me intrigued. ;)

The WaveEngine can also power the controllers. So even less power bricks and cables to deal with. :D Feel free to email me. I can't guarantee anything as we already have a beta tester group, but I would like to have the option available to reach out to you if I can.

U

User1

View Badges
We also introduced the HYDROS Control 2 ($199) and the HYDROS Control 4 ($399):

hydros-1.png

hydros-2.png

hydros-3.png

hydros-4.png

hydros-5.png

hydros-6.png

hydros-7.png

hydros-8.png

I think you guys and gals are doing some interesting innovation - keep up the great work.

Quick favor or request if it hasn't already been submitted. Can you have a option to disable the flashing lights? I mean it sort of reminds me one day in another life of mine heading into a area and I saw our load master come grumbling down towards the empty seat by me. I'm like why so angry and he said we just got shot down. He handed me the piece of paper (this was an exercise) that said we got taken out by a SAM...

Pilots left on IFF and the planes side formation lights... Nice way to start a exercise never the less, fun times. But seriously. The lights reminded me of this when I saw them flashing and dancing around. That or a bar one night in Thailand but that isn't something I should talk about.

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you guys and gals are doing some interesting innovation - keep up the great work.

Quick favor or request if it hasn't already been submitted. Can you have a option to disable the flashing lights? I mean it sort of reminds me one day in another life of mine heading into a area and I saw our load master come grumbling down towards the empty seat by me. I'm like why so angry and he said we just got shot down. He handed me the piece of paper (this was an exercise) that said we got taken out by a SAM...

Pilots left on IFF and the planes side formation lights... Nice way to start a exercise never the less, fun times. But seriously. The lights reminded me of this when I saw them flashing and dancing around. That or a bar one night in Thailand but that isn't something I should talk about.

Thank you for your kind words! Personally, I agree with you about the lights. The good news is you can change the light colors as well as the schedule. Carlos on our team, for example, has them turn OFF from 10 pm to 9 am the next morning. The lights are communicating different things (a leak, not connected to WiFi, etc.) so they do serve a purpose. But depending where you have the units mounted it could be distracting.

Last edited:
U

User1

View Badges
The WaveEngine can also power the controllers. So even less power bricks and cables to deal with. :D Feel free to email me. I can't guarantee anything as we already have a beta tester group, but I would like to have the option available to reach out to you if I can.

And who said we wouldn't ever use that higher math we took back in college... ???

Seriously - this is what struck me back in another video you did with the display of all of the power adapters you removed by the device. I have to say this is one area that has been overlooked.

Give the lad or lass a raise who identified that little gem. I don't believe anyone was looking into that space.

U

User1

View Badges
Thank you for your kind words! Personally, I agree with you about the lights. The good news is you can change the light colors as well as the schedule. Carlos on our team, for example has them turn OFF from 10 pm to 9 am next morning. The lights are communicating different things (a leak, not connected to WiFi, etc.) so they do serve a purpose. But depending where you have the units mounted it could be distracting.

Roger that. Thank you sir. Please do not take it as something negative. I was honestly just asking/suggesting. Hope I didn't sound like I had bad bed side manors.

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And who said we wouldn't ever use that higher math we took back in college... ???

Seriously - this is what struck me back in another video you did with the display of all of the power adapters you removed by the device. I have to say this is one area that has been overlooked.

Give the lad or lass a raise who identified that little gem. I don't believe anyone was looking into that space.

His name is Don and he works for CoralVue. I'm sure he'll be stoked to read your praise. All of the new HYDROS smart devices we are developing are made in the USA so we're pretty stoked about that!

Roger that. Thank you sir. Please do not take it as something negative. I was honestly just asking/suggesting. Hope I didn't sound like I had bad bed side manors.

I didn't take it as negative, it's one of the first questions I asked as well. We are absolutely open to everyone's feedback on HYDROS so we can continually make the platform and products better and better.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I noted in the other wave engine thread, the more direct connection pumps you can bring on board, the better. One thing, @Jeff@CoralVue, have you guys tested the Glamorca branded gyres? I'm not sure where the licensing separation lies, but Canada is stuck with them vs icecaps for some reason. As well, Maxspect has their own line of GF series budget gyres (I assume for the non-icecap / glamorca markets), are those on the table potentially too?

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We showed of 3 new IceCap Algae Turf Scrubbers at the show. These will actually be available for purchase before the end of the week! I am burning the midnight oil writing the product descriptions right now!

icecap-scrubber-1.JPG

icecap-scrubber-2.JPG

icecap-scrubber-3.JPG

icecap-scrubber-4.JPG

OMG yes I so love ATS I think they are way over looked.
hmm I wonder how the white acrylic will hold up to all that green algae. but I bet it reflects more light back in to the screen.
another product I am excited about!
you guys are killing it this year!!

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I noted in the other wave engine thread, the more direct connection pumps you can bring on board, the better. One thing, @Jeff@CoralVue, have you guys tested the Glamorca branded gyres? I'm not sure where the licensing separation lies, but Canada is stuck with them vs icecaps for some reason. As well, Maxspect has their own line of GF series budget gyres (I assume for the non-icecap / glamorca markets), are those on the table potentially too?

I agree with you wholeheartedly that the more direct connect pumps we can bring aboard, the better.

I'll have to defer to @Carlos@CoralVue in terms of which pumps we've tried, are going to try, and what obstacles there may be to make make these connections possible. He is part of the development team and is active on R2R. I am not sure if Don our engineer is on the board here, but he speaks so eloquently about HYDROS I'm hoping he'll join the online conversation soon. I know he's very busy building stuff, but I'm pretty sure I've talked him into it in some capacity at MACNA. :)

I believe we are guesting on the @ReefNewsNetwork podcast next week to talk all things HYDROS. Let us know if there are any other questions you might want us to address on there!

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMG yes I so love ATS I think they are way over looked.
hmm I wonder how the white acrylic will hold up to all that green algae. but I bet it reflects more light back in to the screen.
another product I am excited about!
you guys are killing it this year!!

We've been running the largest size in our headquarters for quite a while so I've asked them to send me a picture to post. We are big scrubber fans here! These in particular are very competitively priced so we are confident more hobbyists will be using algae to fight algae soon. We are big believers in this approach to water filtration.

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
EasyReefs has a new version of Masstick called Easy Masstick that is ready to use and requires no preparation. The clever part of this food if you're unfamiliar is that you can stick it onto your aquarium glass, on a rock, etc. and fish can naturally graze on it.

masstick.jpg

EasyReefs also has a bunch of cool foods that you can hang up like an IV bag and attach right to your dosing pump. This is one of our favorite things coming from these cats in Spain!

easyreefs.jpg

Another product that caught our eye from EasyReefs was Easyroti and this cool rotifer reactor + doser:

easy-roti.jpg

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We've been running the largest size in our headquarters for quite a while so I've asked them to send me a picture to post. We are big scrubber fans here! These in particular are very competitively priced so we are confident more hobbyists will be using algae to fight algae soon. We are big believers in this approach to water filtration.

yeah me to! I have used DIY upflow scrubbers and got a acrylic waterfall one as well but is UK plumbing. I look forward to seeing where the price point on these bays boys are.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
EasyReefs has a new version of Masstick called Easy Masstick that is ready to use and requires no preparation. The clever part of this food if you're unfamiliar is that you can stick it onto your aquarium glass, on a rock, etc. and fish can naturally graze on it.

masstick.jpg

EasyReefs also has a bunch of cool foods that you can hang up like an IV bag and attach right to your dosing pump. This is one of our favorite things coming from these cats in Spain!

easyreefs.jpg

Another product that caught our eye from EasyReefs was Easyroti and this cool rotifer reactor + doser:

easy-roti.jpg

more cool stuff! I wonder if that easyroti could be used to auto feed BBS to seahorses or mandarins?
love this hobby...so many things to geek out on eh?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 35.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 26.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back