Any Opinions on the Aqamai KPS Wifi Controllable Wavemaker

FitCoral09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one of these for my 32g Biocube and it is great. Between this and the Innovative Marine Mighty Jet pump I upgraded to I get plenty of flow. Love that I have feeding time for everything easily. One drawback is that I have to disconnect from my WiFi and connect to the KPS to turn it off. I’m getting an Apex down the road so it’ll be a non issue eventually.

Linkeb3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had this for months, couldn’t figure out why my RFA kept moving recently.. went into the Aqamai and found out it reprogrammed a half hour to 100% wave in my fluval sea.. hence the sand everywhere. I’ve tried every version of saving the program and it just won’t take, the current solution is to literally unplug it for that half hour block.

prios01

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had mind for 2 years and I've never had any issues. are you using a custom program?

Linkeb3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had mind for 2 years and I've never had any issues. are you using a custom program?
Not at all.

I got it working once, only on my iPad, refused to work on my iPhone.

a month in I wondered why my stick fell off the rock, closer investigation shows I missed a half hour, and it was at 100% in a 13.5 fluval. In my desperate attempt to stop this, I can no longer control the device whatsoever. In my last attempt I deleted the device and reset it - huge mistake, now I have absolutely no control over anything and aqamai has not gotten back to my email, I’m lost as what to do next, aside from return it.

Linkeb3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fixed, locations services must be set to allow for the aqamai app

elic173

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had this for months, couldn’t figure out why my RFA kept moving recently.. went into the Aqamai and found out it reprogrammed a half hour to 100% wave in my fluval sea.. hence the sand everywhere. I’ve tried every version of saving the program and it just won’t take, the current solution is to literally unplug it for that half hour block.
You need to go to your WiFi settings and log onto the Aqamai WiFi, then make your changes to your wave program.
Once you have finished making the changes, then go to WiFi again and select your house WiFi. Then sync the changes you just made.hope that helps.

bob salzlein

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to go to your WiFi settings and log onto the Aqamai WiFi, then make your changes to your wave program.
Once you have finished making the changes, then go to WiFi again and select your house WiFi. Then sync the changes you just made.hope that helps.
Here is a tutorial that might help you out.

Attachments

• Hydor Aqamai Wavemaker Tutorial.mp4
    6.6 MB

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back