Small Pointable Wavemaker

EricR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for a small, pointable wavemaker/powerhead to create some crossflow or maybe counterflow in my tank.
Ideal would be a small DC unit with a manual "feed" button but open to any/all suggestions, really, even AC and no "feed" mode.
*Hydor-Koralia Aqamai KPS seems like closest to what I want (of what I've found so far)

Requirements:
- Low flow possible, maybe 100-400 GPH range just as a guess
- Adjustable output strength ideal but not a hard requirement
- Must be able to aim (direct flow,,, point where I want)

Quick background:
- 40 gallon tank with no sump,,, Seachem Tidal 110 HOB creating crossflow from back on one side of tank
- 1x AI Nero 5 running and providing enough overall flow so just looking for something to supplement/disrupt/direct some of the flow

SoggyNW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 40b also. I started with a small jebao and it is still going. I've sense added 3 more larger jebaos and I've had zero problems. And it's not that I'm a jebao fan boy, they're just cheap work horses.

OP
OP
EricR

EricR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 40b also. I started with a small jebao and it is still going. I've sense added 3 more larger jebaos and I've had zero problems. And it's not that I'm a jebao fan boy, they're just cheap work horses.
Thanks. Which model is the smallest Jebao that you're using (and satisfied with),,, just so I can check it out?

Aaron75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a Jebao Mow-3. It worked well, I just ended up replacing it because I needed a wider spread. It had a very direct stream.

SoggyNW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Which model is the smallest Jebao that you're using (and satisfied with),,, just so I can check it out?
Jebao OW Wave Maker Flow Pump with Controller for Marine Reef Aquarium (OW-10, 132-1056 GPH) https://a.co/d/ajam1t3

I had a Jebao Mow-3. It worked well, I just ended up replacing it because I needed a wider spread. It had a very direct stream.
They do have a pretty direct flow. The way I deal with it is by putting the pump about 1/3 the way down and then pointing it at about a 30 degree angle toward the surface. The flow hits the surface and then travels across the tank like a gyre causing the whole.tank to move with indirect flow.

Aaron75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jebao OW Wave Maker Flow Pump with Controller for Marine Reef Aquarium (OW-10, 132-1056 GPH) https://a.co/d/ajam1t3

They do have a pretty direct flow. The way I deal with it is by putting the pump about 1/3 the way down and then pointing it at about a 30 degree angle toward the surface. The flow hits the surface and then travels across the tank like a gyre causing the whole.tank to move with indirect flow.
Lol ya, I not so coincidentally replaced it with a Jebeo Ecp-50m gyre. Lol

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 31 34.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 13.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 29 32.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 15 16.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back