Any other dads out there that do this?

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No...I can no longer do that. My daughters and I have a cocktail while enjoying the tank. Don't blink...it will be here before you know it! Cute picture by the way.

OP
OP
Ja-reefer

Ja-reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No...I can no longer do that. My daughters and I have a cocktail while enjoying the tank. Don't blink...it will be here before you know it! Cute picture by the way.

Im patiently waiting for the day I can kick back and crack open a few bottles with him, but, on the other hand...I never want him to grow up!

Aqua fire/medic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha ha...... That's awesome. I have twins so believe me I've been there. Although they started school this year, so no one there to " hold a towel for daddy" when I have my hands in the tank. Lol!

steve&mari

Blessed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our older ones are out on their own n have their own tanks. Our youngest had her swing n packn play next to a tank n across from 4 others. She's 6 today now and helps cleaning the glass and towel duty ect. Our 14 years old tomorrow son is learning to do water changes and testing ect. It's definitely a family hobby for ours.

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
we did that alot with our boys. they are 10 and 7 now so I cannot just park them. When my wife kept other kids she would do this and let them sleep for hours.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like this post, it brings back good memories of when I was a crumb snatcher. It is one of the few things I remember form wayyyyyyy back is being sat by the fish tank in my play pin. I think that is why I have anyways had tanks on my own, it is calming.

OP
OP
Ja-reefer

Ja-reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like this post, it brings back good memories of when I was a crumb snatcher. It is one of the few things I remember form wayyyyyyy back is being sat by the fish tank in my play pin. I think that is why I have anyways had tanks on my own, it is calming.
My parents took us to the beach atleast twice a year growing up. I fell in love and never left!

OP
OP
Ja-reefer

Ja-reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our older ones are out on their own n have their own tanks. Our youngest had her swing n packn play next to a tank n across from 4 others. She's 6 today now and helps cleaning the glass and towel duty ect. Our 14 years old tomorrow son is learning to do water changes and testing ect. It's definitely a family hobby for ours.

Same goes for my family. Family night consist of trips to the LFS!

OP
OP
Ja-reefer

Ja-reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep I am guilty of it lol. My son always calls it "daddy's tank". I told him it was baby's tank. Ever since then he has been super happy to see it.

From no water > to adding water/being cloudy to present day :) That my build in a nutshell.
20150427_065443.jpg 20150505_170234.jpg 20150912_114350.jpg

That's awesome! Good lookin boy.
I love to see the children getting excited as we are about aquariums.

ReefMadScientist

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's awesome! Good lookin boy.
I love to see the children getting excited as we are about aquariums.

Thanks! He had a 29g biocube in his room when he was a baby. It was filled with anemones and clowns. But when he started walking we got nervous with him knocking it over so we got rid of it.

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 17 29.3%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 21 36.2%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 13 22.4%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.4%
Back