Any other dads out there that do this?

Cameron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Ja-reefer. I had a hard time deciding between long and narrow like mine or tall like yours. I love the way they look. What are your plans for that one?

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would probably be doing the same thing. Nose pressed against the glass, looking at everything lol
Amazing tank!!
Thanks! She has two others in the basement! She loves them. She's now 6 months older and asks me "what's that" and points to so many fish. I have to dumb it down to "blue fish" "yellow fish" etc!

Cameron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! She has two others in the basement! She loves them. She's now 6 months older and asks me "what's that" and points to so many fish. I have to dumb it down to "blue fish" "yellow fish" etc!

Thats cute. When ever we feed the fish together, my son always calls the fish like he does with our dogs. He says, "Come on, fish, come eat. Eat Nemo, eat!"

OP
OP
Ja-reefer

Ja-reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Ja-reefer. I had a hard time deciding between long and narrow like mine or tall like yours. I love the way they look. What are your plans for that one?
I had a few SPS in the tank, zoas, yumas, and a BTA.. then my heater went out a few months ago and i lost most of the coral. But its currently being primed for SPS dominant!

Ive always liked the look of a cube..

Dtackett

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its an old pic from my first setup but my son sat there for 2 hours and watched a couple chromis swim. nothing else in the tank at that point. he loved it. and he still does. but now he helps me pick out coral.
FB_IMG_1428650711680.jpg

OP
OP
Ja-reefer

Ja-reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like the rock work in that tank Dtackett! My son usually falls asleep after 20 min of watching my yellow tang graze around. (thats his favorite fish)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ja-reefer

Ja-reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know how that is! my little one cant talk very well yet so he usually just screams in excitement when we are watching the tank ahaha

Mike in CT

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A great sneaky way to buy livestock, is to bring the little ones with you, and tell your partner...." I really only went for food, but the kids loved this fish/ coral and insisted I buy it.... I just couldn't say no!"

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 2.5 yo daughter loves the tank. It's "daddy's tank", but "her fish" is in it. The tank is in my office and a few times we've noticed it being a little too quiet and I go looking to see what she's doing. She's usually in my big chair that she's pushed over to the tank and she's just watching our clownfish. Every morning before she leaves for school with my wife she comes and sits on my lap and stares at the tank with me. Mommy isn't allowed in the office then, daughter's rules, not mine :)

OP
OP
Ja-reefer

Ja-reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A great sneaky way to buy livestock, is to bring the little ones with you, and tell your partner...." I really only went for food, but the kids loved this fish/ coral and insisted I buy it.... I just couldn't say no!"

I'll do the same thing! My wife's bad about wanting everything at the fish store lol

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 19 22.1%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 32 37.2%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 14 16.3%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back