Any reefers in Vermont?

Bailey VT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Vermonters or anyone in the region!

I am breaking down my 40 gallon breeder tank, and I would love to find someone to take the corals, fish, rock, sand, inverts, tank, stand, etc.

I am moving overseas and I don't have time to try to sell off everything individually, so I am willing to give it all away to a good keeper. In exchange please make a donation to a reef conservation or animal welfare organization of your choosing. Must take all. I don't have time to coordinate multiple pickups.

Fish-
1- Scopas Tang- needs 55 gallon or bigger now due to growth
2- Ocillaris Clowns, paired (captive bred) - Host in Toadstool Leather and Duncan
1- Benggai Cardinal (captive bred)
1- Starry Blenny
1- Watchman Goby

Inverts-
1 Pistol Shrimp (never paired up with its Goby!)
1 or 2 Emerald Crabs (maybe, I don't see them often)
1 Peppermint Shrimp (Always hides, so not be there)
Hermits 2 or 3 kinds
8-10 snails. mostly Nassarius and Trochus. Maybe others

Soft/ Leathers
1 big Toadstool Leather
1 neon green leather (I forget the name)
3-4 Pulsing Xenia- not very aggressive in its spread in my tank
3 Ricorida Mushrooms
5-6 different zoas

LPS
1 Trachyphyllum (green/peach)
1 Bubble
1 Big Duncan 5-6 heads
1 Big Torch (pinky brown/white tip) 3-4 heads
1 Hammer (greenish) 4-5 heads
1 Frogspawn (greenish) 4-5 heads
8-10 other "brain" corals (Aussie Lords, Bowerbanki, Favia, Favites, echinatas etc)
3-4 Cyphastrea

I can't promise exact names of most corals, but I can dig around old emails to get an idea. Most was ordered online from WWC and other major retailers.

Full disclosure, my tank does have a bit of green hair algae and bubble algae. (A house sitter last winter left the tank without power for 3 days which threw off everything and killed some fish. Everyone is healthy and growing now, the cycle seems to be back in order, and algae is on the decline. Obviously you will want to QT everyone before introduction to your tank.)

The tank and stand various HOB filters can also go with you. I have a pretty low tech system that has been working fairly well, but some of the fish and corals are now outgrowing the 40g.

Pickup only, Irasburg, VT

Thanks!
Bailey

Blue Cheese

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Vermonters or anyone in the region!

I am breaking down my 40 gallon breeder tank, and I would love to find someone to take the corals, fish, rock, sand, inverts, tank, stand, etc.

I am moving overseas and I don't have time to try to sell off everything individually, so I am willing to give it all away to a good keeper. In exchange please make a donation to a reef conservation or animal welfare organization of your choosing. Must take all. I don't have time to coordinate multiple pickups.

Fish-
1- Scopas Tang- needs 55 gallon or bigger now due to growth
2- Ocillaris Clowns, paired (captive bred) - Host in Toadstool Leather and Duncan
1- Benggai Cardinal (captive bred)
1- Starry Blenny
1- Watchman Goby

Inverts-
1 Pistol Shrimp (never paired up with its Goby!)
1 or 2 Emerald Crabs (maybe, I don't see them often)
1 Peppermint Shrimp (Always hides, so not be there)
Hermits 2 or 3 kinds
8-10 snails. mostly Nassarius and Trochus. Maybe others

Soft/ Leathers
1 big Toadstool Leather
1 neon green leather (I forget the name)
3-4 Pulsing Xenia- not very aggressive in its spread in my tank
3 Ricorida Mushrooms
5-6 different zoas

LPS
1 Trachyphyllum (green/peach)
1 Bubble
1 Big Duncan 5-6 heads
1 Big Torch (pinky brown/white tip) 3-4 heads
1 Hammer (greenish) 4-5 heads
1 Frogspawn (greenish) 4-5 heads
8-10 other "brain" corals (Aussie Lords, Bowerbanki, Favia, Favites, echinatas etc)
3-4 Cyphastrea

I can't promise exact names of most corals, but I can dig around old emails to get an idea. Most was ordered online from WWC and other major retailers.

Full disclosure, my tank does have a bit of green hair algae and bubble algae. (A house sitter last winter left the tank without power for 3 days which threw off everything and killed some fish. Everyone is healthy and growing now, the cycle seems to be back in order, and algae is on the decline. Obviously you will want to QT everyone before introduction to your tank.)

The tank and stand various HOB filters can also go with you. I have a pretty low tech system that has been working fairly well, but some of the fish and corals are now outgrowing the 40g.

Pickup only, Irasburg, VT

Thanks!
Bailey
Unfortunately I’m in southern vt and unable to drive,hopefully someone comes through for you

hobie61

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefbum (Keith) near Warren (Sugarbush) has high quality SPS. Can check his website. Reefbum.com. He has a weekly You Tube sessions with well know quests that share lots of information. I've met and picked up SPS from him. Other than that, not a lot to choose from in VT. Others have came and gone. A couple places north of Boston i've found interesting. Hope helps.

taulgrl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefbum (Keith) near Warren (Sugarbush) has high quality SPS. Can check his website. Reefbum.com. He has a weekly You Tube sessions with well know quests that share lots of information. I've met and picked up SPS from him. Other than that, not a lot to choose from in VT. Others have came and gone. A couple places north of Boston i've found interesting. Hope helps.
+1 I got some Zoas and a Goni from Keith. His frags are generous and all corals are doing great.

pet Advantage is hit or miss in S. burlington. I think all of their coral is from local reefers’ frags. I have gotten some nice toadstools, bubble coral and sinularia from them

hobie61

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a few rose bubble tip anemones that are starting to grow in places that i do not want them (several have split) in my small tank. If someone local may want a couple, let me know. Quite healthy. I live in Essex Center. thanks.

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just moved here! Beautiful state, but I can't seem to find any fish stores aside from Green Mountain Corals. Does anybody know of other LFSs that carry a decent selection of equipment and livestock? Thanks!
Pretty much what every one else has said....it's a ghost town up here regarding LFS's with reef supplies/livestock....I could mention Petco in Rutland, I have gotten fish and snails there before and my go to for frozen food.

There are a couple of stores in Western mass not far off of Rt 91, Aquadreams and the Coral Farm. I've been to Aquadreams many years ago and it was a decent store, haven't been to the farm but the selection and prices look decent.

I'll put it out there, I'm always dumping softies like nepthia, colt, red and green discoma mushrooms in the yard during water changes, but I also have vermetid snails, aiptasia and currently a bit of valonia so dipping/QT is recommended.

I also have various zoas and palys I could probably easily remove and give away unmounted. Green dragon's eye and midnight sun zoas and red people eater palys. All three are pretty fast growers for me.

PM if interested.

Homers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty much what every one else has said....it's a ghost town up here regarding LFS's with reef supplies/livestock....I could mention Petco in Rutland, I have gotten fish and snails there before and my go to for frozen food.

There are a couple of stores in Western mass not far off of Rt 91, Aquadreams and the Coral Farm. I've been to Aquadreams many years ago and it was a decent store, haven't been to the farm but the selection and prices look decent.

I'll put it out there, I'm always dumping softies like nepthia, colt, red and green discoma mushrooms in the yard during water changes, but I also have vermetid snails, aiptasia and currently a bit of valonia so dipping/QT is recommended.

I also have various zoas and palys I could probably easily remove and give away unmounted. Green dragon's eye and midnight sun zoas and red people eater palys. All three are pretty fast growers for me.

PM if interested.
Went to Claremont looking for a big return pump, upwards of 3700gph and guy looked at me like i had 3 heads. Never been to west leb pet store. Go to keene often

ScubaFish802

Just keep swimming
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
West leb was pretty sad when I went there two years ago. Very little sw livestock, which is usually the case.
On trips back from the Manchester/Boston area I have stopped in west leb right off the highway, their marine selection is nothing to drive for :grinning-face-with-sweat:

A couple years ago I made the trip to 'Aquarealm' in saint Johnsbury, the owner was nice and seemed knowledgeable about saltwater (mentioned he was embarrassed by some cyano in the tanks even - seemed to care about the quality of his tanks) - I got my one 'black snowflake' clownfish from him which is still alive today.

IMG_7734.jpg

Homers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On trips back from the Manchester/Boston area I have stopped in west leb right off the highway, their marine selection is nothing to drive for :grinning-face-with-sweat:

A couple years ago I made the trip to 'Aquarealm' in saint Johnsbury, the owner was nice and seemed knowledgeable about saltwater (mentioned he was embarrassed by some cyano in the tanks even - seemed to care about the quality of his tanks) - I got my one 'black snowflake' clownfish from him which is still alive today.

IMG_7734.jpg
The fish store selection is as good as the hobby stores, they suck lol. Its a 3 hour drive to go to anything decent.

Anemone_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went to Claremont looking for a big return pump, upwards of 3700gph and guy looked at me like i had 3 heads. Never been to west leb pet store. Go to keene often

I've been to both of those lately. West Lebanon had a few decent fish, but nothing to write home about. Claremont had a good selection of cheap-ish colonies, but little equipment to be found. I'll go back to both if I can't find anything else, but I hope NH has some other good stores. I'm planning an expedition to Jay's Aquatics over in Salem, it seems pretty good from google reviews and their Facebook page.

taulgrl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are ever in central CT I recommend Blake’s Aquaden In Meriden. Good selection of fish, coral, food and equipment and the folks there are super nice and helpful. I have family down there and visit once a month. They have inexpensive frag tank (starting at $5 or $10.. can’t remember) that I started my coral collection with and a much better fish selection than anything local.

hobie61

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If may help, I have ordered a few fish from Cultivated Reef in Orono Maine. Owner is super helpful. The fish come from another wholesaler in Maine. I stopped at Love The Reef on the north side of Boston when passing thru last year. Didnt buy anything, but remember a great selection. Good luck.

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If may help, I have ordered a few fish from Cultivated Reef in Orono Maine. Owner is super helpful. The fish come from another wholesaler in Maine. I stopped at Love The Reef on the north side of Boston when passing thru last year. Didnt buy anything, but remember a great selection. Good luck.
Cultivated reef has been my go to for corals for many years. Affordable shipping and depending on which service is doing the shipping it may stay within a couple of states.

vTango888

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cultivated reef has been my go to for corals for many years. Affordable shipping and depending on which service is doing the shipping it may stay within a couple of states.
Just got a fish in from them this week. Good prices, well packaged and healthy. Would recommend!

Cherie cook

Cherbear
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just moved here! Beautiful state, but I can't seem to find any fish stores aside from Green Mountain Corals. Does anybody know of other LFSs that carry a decent selection of equipment and livestock? Thanks!
Avoid Green Mountain Corals….guy ripped me off big time!

Blue Cheese

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a fish from a gentleman in grafton ma today who buys extra at wholesale who enjoys them in general,he quarantines them,he gave a me package of frozen brine,sheat of nori and a small container of pellets that the fish was currently eating,it was a juvenile emporer for 65$,reminded me a lot of drreefquarantinedfish before success,maybe this gentleman doesn’t want the hassles of a business or he’s trying to build up to one but if you don’t mind a drive for a healthy medicated/quarantined fish,I’ll send you his info you can reach out to see what he has

SnowReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently moved to Vermont. Have a 200 gal reef tank. Wondering if there's anyone in VT who is also into saltwater? I'm in Southern VT
Hello from the Burlington area! So glad to see some fellow VTrs. I'm getting back into the hobby and am really missing the old Pet Advantage and Green Mtn Aquarium staff. I have a 10 gal kicking around and I'm thinking of starting with that. Please pass along any suggestions for LFS etc.

taulgrl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone want some free Dragon’s Breath macro algae (Halymenia floresii)? I was using it for nutrient export in my fuge but just got a skimmer and don’t have room for it. My foxface and urchin love to eat it but I have too much. I’m near Burlington. PM me if interested

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 17 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.4%
Back