Any reefers in Vermont?

dcal1985

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
EMERGENCY

I woke up to a flood from a seam failure and I'm hoping someone might be willing to take my livestock. Pet Advantage is closed and they're in a 5 gallon bucket right now. Not looking for compensation or anything, I just want them to survive. I'm just North of Burlington in Georgia and would be happy to travel within a reasonable range. Thanks.

Fish:
1 Tomini Tang
3 Chromis
1 Royal Gramma
1 Clown
1 Melanurus Wrasse

Coral/Inverts:

Kenya Tree
Toadstool
Various snails and hermit crabs

Anemone_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
EMERGENCY

I woke up to a flood from a seam failure and I'm hoping someone might be willing to take my livestock. Pet Advantage is closed and they're in a 5 gallon bucket right now. Not looking for compensation or anything, I just want them to survive. I'm just North of Burlington in Georgia and would be happy to travel within a reasonable range. Thanks.

Fish:
1 Tomini Tang
3 Chromis
1 Royal Gramma
1 Clown
1 Melanurus Wrasse

Coral/Inverts:

Kenya Tree
Toadstool
Various snails and hermit crabs

So sorry to hear that. I can't help, but I hope someone else will.

@Medical_Reef
@taulgrl
@fish farmer
@Eric R.
@vTango888
@VermontReefs
@hobie61
@troutbum17
@ScubaFish802
@tim7711
@thepotoo
@Blue Cheese
@SnowReef

Until you can pass them off to someone else or the store once they open, just keep them aerated (a small powerhead at a low setting or a bubbler will do), keep an eye on them, and add some rock from the tank into the bucket. The rock will "mini cycle" the bucket, and you will hopefully be able to go without any ammonia issues. Good luck!

ScubaFish802

Just keep swimming
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a bummer, sorry that happened :downcast-face-with-sweat:
If I had a larger thank I would definitely help out, bumping the thread at least.

Eric R.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@dcal1985 Dam.n man, that's a bummer. How big are each of the fish roughly, are they juveniles or adults?

I have some extra tanks (a 20 long, a 10 g, and a 55g stored in Waterbury) and a bunch of cycled live rock in a brute trash can, along with heaters and power heads. I don't have any extra water made up right now unfortunately, though I have a 100gpd RO. I'm available when I'm off work this afternoon at 3:10.

Last edited:

dcal1985

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@dcal1985 Dang man, that's a bummer. How big are each of the fish roughly, are they juveniles or adults?

I have some extra tanks (a 20 long, a 10 g, and a 55g stored in Waterbury) and a bunch of cycled live rock in a brute trash can, along with heaters and power heads. I don't have any extra water made up right now unfortunately, though I have a 100gpd RO. I'm available when I'm off work this afternoon at 3:10.
The fish all ended up dying unfortunately. I don't know how low the temperature had gotten but likely the culprit. I appreciate everyone's suggestions and offers to help. Man, what a bummer.

Eric R.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fish all ended up dying unfortunately. I don't know how low the temperature had gotten but likely the culprit. I appreciate everyone's suggestions and offers to help. Man, what a bummer.

Double dam.n. That really sucks. Do you need someone to take the inverts or corals temporarily? I have a tank running in Essex that they could go into while you figure things out.

dcal1985

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, after that terrible experience I'm going to take a bit of a break from the reef tank and just keep my fresh setups. I don't know if anyone is looking for any equipment, but I've got a pretty new Reefbreeders 48" V2 Pro light that I'd be willing to part with pretty cheap to avoid shipping. I can post a list of stuff if anyone wants, otherwise it will just go in the for-sale section and/or eBay.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back