Any rumblings about a new MP40 release?

tc760

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am in a weird place in my reefing life. I am going to make the jump to a 160G/180G tank from my 100G but its going to take a bit longer than I hoped. I am going 100% custom so its not cheap. Im starting to see some equipment failures so I dont know if I should go cheap to limp along until I can finish my other build or buy stuff I plan on transferring over. I have a MP40 that I think is going out. I am pretty sure I need a new wetside but I hear grinding in the dryside so I think bearings are going. I dont mind buying a new one but was curious if anyone heard rumors or a new MP40 design on the horizon? I am probably a year away from stocking the new tank so I would hate to buy something now and find out there is a new design coming.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am in a weird place in my reefing life. I am going to make the jump to a 160G/180G tank from my 100G but its going to take a bit longer than I hoped. I am going 100% custom so its not cheap. Im starting to see some equipment failures so I dont know if I should go cheap to limp along until I can finish my other build or buy stuff I plan on transferring over. I have a MP40 that I think is going out. I am pretty sure I need a new wetside but I hear grinding in the dryside so I think bearings are going. I dont mind buying a new one but was curious if anyone heard rumors or a new MP40 design on the horizon? I am probably a year away from stocking the new tank so I would hate to buy something now and find out there is a new design coming.

I don’t think there is any new powerhead in the works. Ecotech is working on their new dosing system as well as their app Mobius for control. Besides; their QuietDrive line is truest silent and doesn’t really leave much room for improvement.

guero130

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to know if there are Radion g5s coming out!!! im doing the limbo trying to decide if i upgrade my g3 pros because im sure that as soon as i get them, within a couple of months they will announce the g5 pros!!

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it's funny, Neptune gets criticized for making advanced new product announcements ….. cannot please all the people all the time LOL. ETM is pretty tightlipped. Probably no MP40 replacement coming. Hard to see where there could be improvement. Personally, I'd like to see something like MP80 - for really big tanks!!

guero130

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it's funny, Neptune gets criticized for making advanced new product announcements ….. cannot please all the people all the time LOL. ETM is pretty tightlipped. Probably no MP40 replacement coming. Hard to see where there could be improvement. Personally, I'd like to see something like MP80 - for really big tanks!!
That mp80 idea would be interesting!! I have a 470 so i could totally use it! It would probably cost $2k

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back