Any Sony dslr?

Snprhed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I own a 500a, I just recently got the Sony 100mm Macro lens. I had difficulty even getting the thing to focus on anything. I realize a tripod is a necessity, but is it possible to get something halfway decent without it?

returnofsid

Moderator Extrodinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I shoot Canon, but shoot a lot of Macro photography. Yes, it's completely possible. Most of my macro photography is taken, without a tripod. The thing is, with a macro lens, the field of focus is very small. Any movement changes that field of focus. Because of this, you have to be able to hold the camera very still, while it's focusing. Your aperture, Fstop, setting will have a lot to do with field of focus, as well. The wider the aperture (smaller Fstop number) the more narrow the field of focus, and the more still you'll have to be. A more closed aperture, (higher Fstop number) will give you a large field of focus, but will let less light into the lens.

Post up some photos that you've taken, along with the settings used, and we'll try to help you out!

One thing that will help, especially when taking macro photography, is to actually brace the lens, directly against the glass.

Oh another very important thing...

With Macro lenses, it's critical to keep the lens perpendicular to the glass. Trying to shoot at an angle won't work at all.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

• I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 98 81.0%
  • Other.

Back