Any Tech People on Here?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Shep
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Yeah, save the needed files to a removable device and reload them after you have it back together.
If you were staying with an AMD you wouldn't have to worry.
 
Yeah, save the needed files to a removable device and reload them after you have it back together.
If you were staying with an AMD you wouldn't have to worry.
I would like to but the next CPU up is pretty meh.
 
Is your windows OS OEM or retail? You might have to call microsoft to reactivate. They will give you a series of numbers to type in. Have a pen and paper ready in the event you need to call them. I am with some of the other people that have posted. I would back up all my important files, get my software keys ready, and do a fresh install once you install your new motherboard and CPU. I build all my own computers. It is like Lego's for grown-ups. Lol
 
Thankfully it is retail so I was able to reinstall with only a few problems.
 
Nice! Are you planning to do some gaming with your new rig? I'm gonna go SSD for my next build too, probably the exact same drive you got.

What graphics card?

What are your total specs?
 
Nice! Are you planning to do some gaming with your new rig? I'm gonna go SSD for my next build too, probably the exact same drive you got.

What graphics card?

What are your total specs?
I have the GeForce GTX 970 for my card, as for the other specs I have no started to overclock anything yet.....still trying to get my fan speeds set but I realize that because they are only 3 pin and not 4, I can't control them with the Corsair software :mad::mad::mad::mad:
 
Wow...that's the exact same card I'm going for. Fan speeds are a pain. I tried to OC my current rig and it overheats using stock, but I'm too lazy to upgrade it and would rather build a new system.

I really want to go for the 980 but then the wattage for the system I'm building wouldn't work out. And the price would jump by too much. I'm trying to build a low power high performance rig. Going for i5 4690k, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 250GB SSD, and Asrock Anniversary Edition Z97 mobo. It should be less than 300 watts total. I really just want to play games on ultra settings, but not really the high-end. Mainly just mainstream stuff you find on Steam.

Card prices are falling now though with the new DX 12 cards. I'm thinking of rebuilding for the new cards.

What games do you play?
 
Nice! Yea, I love the 970, the 980 is amazing but too much for the price
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new