Any thought on this aqua scape?

Westons aquatics

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 6, 2024
Messages
2
Reaction score
1
Location
Evans Georgia
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m new to salt and have a 20 gallon water box cube. FYI I mainly keep freshwater aquariums, I have a 40 gallon cichlid tank, 20 gallon cichlid tank, 10 gallon shrimp breeding project tank, and my new salt tank. Tell my your thoughts on this salt water aqua scape if I should change anything about it.

image.jpg
 
Is the cardboard underneath the rock the footprint of the aquarium? It looks small from the picture.

I personally like it - if you are going for minimalist.

Depends as well as what you want to keep. For example:
- More rock if you want fish that need to hide
- More rock if you want lots of coral and more height if you are keeping corals that need higher PAR
- More sand area if you want to keep come coral on the sandbed

Really depends on your goals for the tank!
 
I’m new to salt and have a 20 gallon water box cube. FYI I mainly keep freshwater aquariums, I have a 40 gallon cichlid tank, 20 gallon cichlid tank, 10 gallon shrimp breeding project tank, and my new salt tank. Tell my your thoughts on this salt water aqua scape if I should change anything about it.

image.jpg
Do you have pictures from the sides too? Did you decide and glue it together?
when I look at this I am imaging how the water will flow around and through the rock so that decaying sediment will not hide away causing ammonia spikes. Are you adding a sand bed too?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new