Any thoughts on what this is

  • Thread starter Thread starter b.clark
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

b.clark

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 4, 2020
Messages
102
Reaction score
83
Location
40047
What state or country do you live in
Kentucky
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have any thoughts on what this is. Tank just completed cycle. 3 weeks old. Used 70 lbs dry rock and 15 lbs of LFS live rock that I put in sump. It is on front glass

Is it aiptasia already

IMG_7734.jpeg
 
Hydroid jellyfish or some other phase in a hydroids life cycle. They seem to appear when tank is young and then go away. I like to scrape them off the glass in hopes they get sucked up in the filtration. . . not sure that actually does anything. . . could be worse haha.

regardless I would not be to worried.
 
I’ve been reef for about 5 years took a Year break and just set my tank back up. Fun part is setting up the tank and watching it come to life
 
They usually go away quickly
 
Thanks. This a great place to get answers and learn from others.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new