anybody dosing kalk?

spscrazy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started dosing kalk over 2 part about 7 months ago my sps frags were muddy brown & didn't grow much or died within 2 weeks I started seeing the first bit of color as of today my frags are now mini colonies & have color that I can see from across the room now I'm not envious of others corals! I use a 1gal seralite container I drilled a hole about 1" from the bottom installed airline tubing added a dripper from lowes a hole in the lid for pressure release & drip at night

kuyatwo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use to dose two part but now dose Kalk and supplement with two part. My corals started taking off and colors improved. I use an avast Kalk stirrer and ato on my 150 gallon tank. One thing I do is my ato container is only 3 gallons so the most that can accidentlt dose is 3 gallons so it won't nuke the tank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LeoLionFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have seen my set up. Kalk reactor inline with my Tunze ATO. Im still new so cant really give advice on how well Kalk works, but it does keep my pH and Calc nice and high between water changes.

Travis D.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gmoney243

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ive been dosing Kalk+vinegar now for almost 2 weeks using a drip method. i bought a bunch of mrs wages pickling lime at the walmart in smryrna for $3 for pound takes 2tsp per gallon of water so goes a long way. so far everything looks fine will be testing phos in a few days to see how the vinegar is affecting that. holla at me if you wanna come see or get some kalk im about to upgrade my 1gal jugs i got setup 1 for dripping and other for mixing to a 5gallon bucket since i use 1 gal of topoff per day getting tired of mixing daily lol

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 68 35.2%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 24.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 62 32.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.1%
Back