Anybody in Brunswick?

carlson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moved here in August for school, the 75 came with me of course!
IMG_20180924_155316_688.jpeg
IMG_20180925_134832.jpeg

SandJ

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are about 30 minutes south of you! My daughter (who is 17) and I keep reef tanks. She also keeps freshwater (was just out yesterday catching freshwater fish out of the ditches for her tank).

We frequently go to Brunswick/Jekyll Island and volunteer at the turtle hospital.

Have you checked out Jekyll Island yet? My 7 year old found a few copepods for her 3 gallon tank in the tide pools on Driftwood beach, now the 5 she collected have turned into dozens lol

Let me know if you have any questions about the area. We are still fairly new, but glad to answer any questions we can.

And Jacksonville is going probably be the closest coral stores for you. I have not found a lot in this area so we travel to Jax most weekends.

SandJ

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And I just bought a 75gallon. Brought it into the house a few minutes ago. Bought it (used) mainly to have the light for the 235 gallon I am setting up, and planned on selling the rest...but I found a perfect place so I may go ahead and set it up lol

021099DB-1BD7-4C40-B1A6-043BE21B5FA4.jpeg

B2A0CCDA-F23C-4D0E-B8F7-9FC8A5BCFFBF.jpeg

OP
OP
carlson

carlson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And I just bought a 75gallon. Brought it into the house a few minutes ago. Bought it (used) mainly to have the light for the 235 gallon I am setting up, and planned on selling the rest...but I found a perfect place so I may go ahead and set it up lol

021099DB-1BD7-4C40-B1A6-043BE21B5FA4.jpeg

B2A0CCDA-F23C-4D0E-B8F7-9FC8A5BCFFBF.jpeg
That sump looks really clean to be a used setup! I would be tempted not to set it up too.

OP
OP
carlson

carlson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are about 30 minutes south of you! My daughter (who is 17) and I keep reef tanks. She also keeps freshwater (was just out yesterday catching freshwater fish out of the ditches for her tank).

We frequently go to Brunswick/Jekyll Island and volunteer at the turtle hospital.

Have you checked out Jekyll Island yet? My 7 year old found a few copepods for her 3 gallon tank in the tide pools on Driftwood beach, now the 5 she collected have turned into dozens lol

Let me know if you have any questions about the area. We are still fairly new, but glad to answer any questions we can.

And Jacksonville is going probably be the closest coral stores for you. I have not found a lot in this area so we travel to Jax most weekends.
I was going to go to the sea turtle place but they charge admission [emoji28] and yes I've been to Jekyll several times! I prefer it over ssi. I was actually able to get a free pass. I have seen a ton of these wierd bugs that crawl in and out of the water around tidal changes, they're about the size of a nickel. I wasn't sure if they were copepods or not but if they are they're huge! I've been to Jacksonville to buy coral 3x since I've been here so far, the drive isn't bad at all! Thanks for the response, sorry I've been super busy with school and didn't really have a chance to reply.

OP
OP
carlson

carlson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not too far away in richmond Hill. Have a 405 SPS dominate reef.
thats awesome, spa does better in my tank than any other corals, I just got my very first acro to try them out before i get more, and its actually encrusted a bit and grown in the 2 weeks i've had it.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back