Anybody know what this is?

Ccccccarl

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 16, 2020
Messages
30
Reaction score
7
Location
Myrtle Beach, SC
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I apologize for the poor pic quality and the green algae, but I have no idea what little thing in the middle of the picture is. It moves like a starfish but doesn't have any arms. Maybe it is a star fish without arms?? I do have a couple of emerald crabs...
20210127_110253.jpg
 
Yes the blueish thing. It's really small so it's difficult to take a good pic
16117668852631243340065891405764.jpg
 
I
I apologize for the poor pic quality and the green algae, but I have no idea what little thing in the middle of the picture is. It moves like a starfish but doesn't have any arms. Maybe it is a star fish without arms?? I do have a couple of emerald crabs...
20210127_110253.jpg
It moves?? You might be right, it does sound like a starfish with missing limbs. If you could pluck it off and flip it over you should be able to tell if its a starfish. Just google pictures “Asterina starfish underside” or “starfish underside” and compare.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new