Anyone auto feed liquid food without refrigeration?

BRS

1Clown

View Badges
Reaction score
If so what food and how often per day?

I saw a video on YouTube where a guy auto feeds Nyos Goldpods (without refrigeration) in to his tank with it exiting in to the return chamber of his sump and thought that's a brilliant idea especially if I were to keep Anthias in the future, thoughts?

Maxout

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I have NLS pellets in an autofeeder and have a bag of EasyReef EasySPS on a dosing pump.

OP

1Clown

View Badges
Reaction score
Wondering if the gold pods could be used to auto feed a copper banded butterfly while on vacation for a week?

Thinking of doing the same but making it a permanent thing. My yellow tang and juvenille emperor eat them, everyone else leaves them. The blue tang would take on about 20 and then spit them all out unfortunately.

Maxout

Evieeeeee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I've seen people use truck coolers with a modified/drilled top that they pull food out of and back into the bottle using a reversible dosing pump like the GHL/Apex ones. Personally I was planning on dosing brightwell phyto & microvore (which don't need refrigeration) to the tank with the magnetic stirrer attachment so I don't have to worry about shaking the bottle either. Maybe you could look to see if they have any other liquid foods that are more suitable for a tang/emperor and do the same?

BRS

HOW MUCH DO YOU LIKE ZOANTHIDS?

• LOVE them

Votes: 47 35.9%
  • Like them

Votes: 38 29.0%
  • They're "ok"

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • Don't like them

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • Hate them

Votes: 8 6.1%