Anyone combined Orphek or3 reef day and blue plus?

Duzzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

I’m looking to run 2 kessil a360x’s but everything I’ve read is saying I’m gping to need more. I’m liking the look of the Orphek or3 light bars and was wondering if there’s any advantage to running the or3 Blue plus with the or3 Reef day? Has anyone done it? And is it for viewing or the look of the tank? I’m thinking the 2 kessils and 2 each of the or3 Reef day and blue plus? I’ve spent weeks on light research and feel as bloody confused as when I began

regards Duzzy

Stealthreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think I would get the day ones at all. Maybe 1 day and 3 blue plus with the kessils.
I would try 2 blues with the kessil and see if that's the look you like.
Day looks too orange to my eye, but I think running everything so blue heavy means my eyes see it more orange than it is.

Pickle_soup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

I’m looking to run 2 kessil a360x’s but everything I’ve read is saying I’m gping to need more. I’m liking the look of the Orphek or3 light bars and was wondering if there’s any advantage to running the or3 Blue plus with the or3 Reef day? Has anyone done it? And is it for viewing or the look of the tank? I’m thinking the 2 kessils and 2 each of the or3 Reef day and blue plus? I’ve spent weeks on light research and feel as bloody confused as when I began

regards Duzzy
I am running that set up right now. I like it. Here is the thing thou, if you want to have control over the lights, you need ICon bars, and those need to be purchased directly from them. The bars sold by American vendors do not have wifi capability. You will also need Osix smart device to run those lights off it.

OP
OP
Duzzy

Duzzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am running that set up right now. I like it. Here is the thing thou, if you want to have control over the lights, you need ICon bars, and those need to be purchased directly from them. The bars sold by American vendors do not have wifi capability. You will also need Osix smart device to run those lights off it.
Are the icon bars and the osix smart controller 2 separate/different things? I wish some of these companies would build them into the light fixtures as standard. It’s the only negative kessil have in my opinion And now orphek is the same.

other than that what ratio do you run between the blue and the day and are they your only lighting or supplement lighting?

OP
OP
Duzzy

Duzzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think I would get the day ones at all. Maybe 1 day and 3 blue plus with the kessils.
I would try 2 blues with the kessil and see if that's the look you like.
Day looks too orange to my eye, but I think running everything so blue heavy means my eyes see it more orange than it is.
See I’m not a huge fan of the blue. Don’t get me wrong it has its place but sometimes I just wish it wasn’t so blue

paragrouper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m running 3 Orphek bars: one blue plus, one blue sky and one day plus.

below is recent pic
IMG_3124.jpeg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.5%
Back