best light bar? AI Blade/Orphek OR3 Etc?

SCH14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking for the best pop and fluorescence
What is everyones opinions on the best bar?
AI blade glow/grow, Orpheks Or3 Bars or anything else that stands out for color pop?

Currently have 3 G6 Blues

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Quanta Pro Meso Blue is an amazing LED bar, but it's simple on/off, no fancy dimming, etc. I personally don't think it's necessary to dim them, especially when you have other full featured LED's in use. For the money, Quanta's are my choice.

Yooper Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the AI blade glow. It gives really great color pop and fills the water evenly with light. I am very interested in the OR3 but from my understanding it’s just on or off unlike the AI blade which is fully controllable

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I think the BuildMyLEDs were the best light bars ever made. If they had kept with it I think they would still have the best around. Unfortunately the pot growing business got too lucrative and they moved over to indoor plant growing only business and then sold the business. The only other bars I've used are the Reef Brites and the Reefbreeders. Between those 2 I would probably go with the reefbreeders.

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
21LEDusa "Blue Heavy" ReefBar Pros for a budget option, and they sell a sunsetter controller for basic ramp up/down. Good, strong 3watt LEDs along the bar. Can also get a splitter to put more than one bar on the controller.

luilui

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 OR3s that i like better than my Kessil AP9x. they both are WiFi controlled with various programs (the new OR3s can be dimmed), and both companies have exceptional service. Kessil sent me additional mounting bracket sets at no cost, and Orphek sent me extension cords that were inadvertently not included in the original order at no cost. Both companies responded to my emails the same day. What I like about the Kessil is that the spectrum can be custom dialed in along with great shimmer, while the OR3s have a preset spectrum. Blue Sky and UV OR3s give great color pop. Together, you pretty much have super flexibility.

Last edited:

Genvid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 OR3s that i like better than my Kessil AP9x. they both are WiFi controlled with various programs (the new OR3s can be dimmed), and both companies have exceptional service. Kessil sent me additional mounting bracket sets at no cost, and Orphek sent me extension cords that were inadvertently not included in the original order at no cost. Both companies responded to my emails the same day. What I like about the Kessil is that the spectrum can be custom dialed in along with great shimmer, while the OR3s have a preset spectrum. Blue Sky and UV OR3s give great color pop. Together, you pretty much have super flexibility.
I have two Kessil AP9X, but I can't figure out how to connect it together with the OR3. I would like to add. But I can't find the brackets to connect it. The hanging option doesn't work for me, could you share how you connected yours.

Unstoppable algae!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
while the OR3s have a preset spectrum. Blue Sky and UV OR3s give great color pop. Together, you pretty much have super flexibility.
How long do you run your UV bar for? You like it correct? I have bars only over my tank and want to add a uv bar. The sky also has my attention
I currently run orphek day & blue with 1 quantra blue. Want to add another uv and another day

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 100 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.9%
Back