Anyone delete an overflow?

  • Thread starter Thread starter reefman323
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

reefman323

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 27, 2024
Messages
15
Reaction score
2
Location
florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
72x24x30 220g tank the left overflow is when you walk into the living room. If I did 1” herbie in the right and delete the left overflow with 1” return over the back would that be sufficient drain flow through the sump for 220g? It would look so much cleaner walking into the living room seeing a full wide view of the tank instead of an overflow with 2 pipes

IMG_9837.jpeg
 
72x24x30 220g tank the left overflow is when you walk into the living room. If I did 1” herbie in the right and delete the left overflow with 1” return over the back would that be sufficient drain flow through the sump for 220g? It would look so much cleaner walking into the living room seeing a full wide view of the tank instead of an overflow with 2 pipes

IMG_9837.jpeg
Yes, it's been done. Have you used the search button? I know I've seen a thread on the forum.

Full syphone will give you plenty of flow.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new