Anyone Else Feel Guilty?

Rusty_L_Shackleford

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tonight, while eating a meal of baked salmon and sweet potato, I couldn't help but feel a bit guilty, given my love for this hobby. In fact, this feeling hits me every time I eat fish. I mean, I still do, but still...

Anyone else experience this, or just me? A lot is discussed here about our favorite specimens to keep in our little oceans, but not much regarding the ones we like to enjoy on the dinner plate. What's yours?
Nope, no guilt here. Before moving to south carolina last year, i spent 8 years in Hawaii. I am also an avid fisherman. Do you see where this is going? I have eaten many what most here would think of as aquarium specimens. Wrasses make excellent bait for jacks. My wife grew up in Hawaii and freaked out a little when she saw how much some of them go for in the lfs. It isnt cattching the fish that's hard. It's getting it all the way here healthy that's hard.

907_Reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Up here in AK, we fish for subsistence!

IMG_1133.jpg

RedoubtReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tonight, while eating a meal of baked salmon and sweet potato, I couldn't help but feel a bit guilty, given my love for this hobby. In fact, this feeling hits me every time I eat fish. I mean, I still do, but still...

Anyone else experience this, or just me? A lot is discussed here about our favorite specimens to keep in our little oceans, but not much regarding the ones we like to enjoy on the dinner plate. What's yours?
I think it's just you. There is a support group that may be of help to you though
1681142080994.png

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 66 35.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 59 31.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back