Anyone else here have a bengal cat?

kacrocorals581

Gotta have that acro
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
probably well be the next to have , we had a f2 Savannah looks about the same just a lot taller. It was also a bit of a hellian lol

scardall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So did i, however, they are SUPER hyper. If you could someone combine a 2 year old with a 4 month old puppy, it still wouldn't come close to how hyper they are.

This is what I heard too, plus they tend to be on the nature wild side too. Great looking cat though.

OP
OP
Breakthecycle2

Breakthecycle2

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For anyone that is interested in the Bengal breed or doesn't know about them. They (like savannas) are cross bred with an Asian leopard cat (sav. are crossed with an African serval). The first crossbreeds went for $25000. Bengals are SUPER smart, can be trained like dogs, have an almost shed-proof velvet like coat, hypo-allergenic and are said to be disease resistant. They also do not have a typical meow. Their hind legs are longer then the front think cheetah), allowing to run at fast speeds. They excel at hunting and if left outside, will bring home/kill almost anything they can, rabbits, birds, reptiles, insects, ect.

Cons:
Can jump almost eight feet from a standstill
Need to played with/excersized every day
Meow's can be as loud as a medium size dog bark
Can run in bursts over 20 MPH
Can climb almost anything - mine likes to jump/climb walls when he is in the mood
Most do not like to be held and only touched when they feel like it.

Because of the cons (and people not doing proper research) many are returned, sheltered or simply left outside. Because of this, it is said (not sure if I believe it) that up to 30% of all ferral cats have bengal blood in them.

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want one. How much do they go for

OP
OP
Breakthecycle2

Breakthecycle2

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most do not like to be held and only touched when they feel like it. This trait would be a deal breaker for me. bummer.

Its very weird. For instance, he likes to come in the bathroom with me when I take a shower. WHen he's in there, he's super cuddly and acts like a typical cat.

Oh I forgot two important details, they LOVE water, unlike most cats and they are not afraid of anything. Most animals will run as soon as they see the vacuum come out, not this guy. He actually likes it, especially when you use the sucker to suck up dust in corner. I can actually use it on him and he plays with it. Crazy.

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here in NJ.
Its very weird. For instance, he likes to come in the bathroom with me when I take a shower. WHen he's in there, he's super cuddly and acts like a typical cat.

Oh I forgot two important details, they LOVE water, unlike most cats and they are not afraid of anything. Most animals will run as soon as they see the vacuum come out, not this guy. He actually likes it, especially when you use the sucker to suck up dust in corner. I can actually use it on him and he plays with it. Crazy.
Man that's far away. And that's pretty cool, cats are usually skiddish. That's making me want one.

OP
OP
Breakthecycle2

Breakthecycle2

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick question lol, did your qt tank ever clear up? As well as how big do these cats get

Actually I had to add some chemipure when Im not medicating. It literally cleared up in hours from it and is crystal clear now. Males are bigger and the closer you get to first gens, the bigger they cat. Msot average around 15 pounds, but can get as much as 25.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back