Anyone else here have a bengal cat?

hoppy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Savannah’s came from a breeder in Rochester NY, got somewhat of a deal at 1200 for the pair- she normally gets $750 per

Xandernfs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is our silver bengal. She is CHILL!!
ZWIWBpI.jpg

The whole crew...
r0YnkoW.jpg

White Monkey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ghost

Male Lynx point Siamese.

6 months old, he's already my best friend, and couldn't imagine life without him.
20180112_184037.jpg 20171029_114702.jpg 20171022_121219.jpg

Otrips

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We got our Chester about 3yrs ago, he's 13yrs old. We are his 5th owner. He's an F4 (4 generations removed from a leopard cat). He's had a rough life.

The story behind him (from what we gather) is that he was originally going to be used for breeding. His owner paid about $5,000 for him. He got called up and deployed with the military. He came back to find out that his wife had Chester neutered. He divorced her. She was allowed to keep Chester but didn't really want him so she gave him to one of her friends. He lived there for a couple years. When he was 5 they had him declawed (front only). Something happened and they gave him to another family member where he lived for a while until she got 2 pit bulls. That obviously didn't work out so she gave Chester to someone she knew. She is a bit out there & didn't take good care of him either. She was evicted from her apartment and left him there. My other half's grandmother rescued him and immediately gave him to us knowing a Bengal would not be a good fit with about 10 rescue tabby's of her own.
Chester came with anal gland issues due to being fed cheap food which took 3 visits to the vet & medication to completely expel. He's on a grain free limited ingredient diet to help with that and allergies. He also gets special treats every day to help with his front paws which are painful at times as the vet who declawed him when he was 5 literally butchered him not only removing the 1st bone but the 2nd bone and part of the 3rd bone on a couple toes.

I've grown up with cat's, most recently (before Chester) having a stray calico we rescued as a kitten that lived to be 25yrs old when her body started shutting down due to old age. At the time when we got Chester we already had a Golden Retriever. Chester was skittish at first likely due to being harassed by the 2 pit bulls of his previous owner. But within 2 weeks they warmed up and were laying on the couch together. Now Chester antagonizes him into play fights. Then they lay together while Chester grooms him.

Bangles are more like dogs who don't have to be let outside than cats. Their meows are more like a bark and very distinguishable as to what they are trying to say as well. Chester has a distinct meow for "pet me", "I want a treat", "I'm bored" and "help me". His "help me" meow is the worst as sounds painful. That's for when he wants you to open a door, refill his bowls or change his litterbox (wont use it if it's dirty). His "I'm bored" meow is constant and at first he would howl all through the night non stop until you got up and gave him attention. He also seems to know all our pressure points as well pouncing on them and pawing at our face until we get up. Thankfully he's gotten much better with that allowing us to sleep most nights. He doesn't like being picked up or held but he insists on laying on our chest or on our side every night. I assume that's how he got the name Chester.
They can jump insanely high as I've watched him jump straight onto the fridge. So everything has to be secured, he knows he can't open a bag of chips on his own so he's learned to work in tandem with our dog knocking them onto the floor so the dog can open the bag chow down leaving him the crumbs.
His favorite thing is plastic bags especially ones from the groceries store which he loves licking. He also plays fetch and goes for walks outside on a harness.

One thing I will tell anyone who wants to get a Bengal simply because of their looks is that they are NOT like other cats. They are more like a dog but demand your attention like a small child. They never calm down and retain the energy and playfulness of a kitten their entire lives.

Why-Me

Been going against the grain since I was a sapling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great points especially at the end about their physical abilities and personality, they're such amazing animals. My favorite may be how Bonsai chatters in the window watching birds and squirrels outside. If I walk by a window and see birds outside I can mimic his chatter sound and he will wake, jump in the window, chatter and wag his tail profusely. Very much like having a dog. Oh and he comes running to whatever faucet is on, has an affinity to water.

tastyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love bengals. We have two cats, both from the same litter and part bengal. Tell tale meow and unrelenting hunting. We're probably at 2-3 rodents a night on average... Just wish they would leave them outside and not bring them onto the bed as a present...

hoppy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Resurrection of an old thread as I am setting up my office tank gathering equipment. My new JBJ-45
Some one is very interested.
Savannah fish!

e35bbf9c8b7488add849cf9aacfc869b.jpg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 39.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 14 23.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.4%
Back