Anyone ever owned Bryaninops gobies?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, So I’m going for a goby dominant tank but instead of the common gobies everyone cares for, I’d prefer some of the harder to care for or harder to get gobies that are native to Indonesia. I came across the genus Bryaninops and wondered if anyone has ever cared for these fish and if so how coral safe are they? Also it says to keep them in groups of Atleast 6 specimens but fear that a Red Sea Max Nano may not be able to hold that many. Yes they get to around 2.5cm (0.9”) but ontop of other goby species is that too many?
I plan to keep a total of 5-7 gobies, and own 3 at the moment (Gobiodon strangulatus, Stonogobiops yasha, Koumansetta hectori). Could I own Bryaninops as well as a few other gobies?

In the tank is:
- the three gobies mentioned above
- Escenius lineatus
- Pseudocheilinops ataenia

I would love to own a few more Indonesian native gobies such as some Bryaninops gobies. Does anyone know if that group of 6 HAVE to be the same species of bryaninops or can they be seperate species? Also would it be best to add them after I get acropora or some other SPS corals growing first?

Back