Anyone ever put a camera in a zip lock bag?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cuda
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I have seriously considered putting my camera in a long fish bag before, just never had the guts to try it. The bags I get are like 14 inches long, so I could get decent depth I think, just wondering how clear the pics would be through the plastic....
 
if you are talking about a point and shoot, google the model and underwater boxes.

most are very inexpensive for up to 50 feet or so.

they can be VERY simple, and yield great results.

once you get into DSLR's however, they jump from just a few dollars to 2-3x the price of the actual camera.
 
great thread

I had been wondering this for so long for pool scuba diving use. If you sealed it in quality clear plastic could it withstand 10ft pressure think?
 
I had been wondering this for so long for pool scuba diving use. If you sealed it in quality clear plastic could it withstand 10ft pressure think?

Perhaps, but is it really worth trsuting your camera to a 10 cent piece of plastic? THat's something only you can answer...
 
I tried and got fuzy pic's, for my tank I bought an aquariscope and I love it. Much better than photoboxes. But I couldn't find an underwater enclosure for my tank....which is what I wanted, but I did find Dicapack's and have been pretty pleased. I am a diver and have used it underwater. I believe they make one for just about every camera out there.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new